16 Mbps plan from Airtel

ravi_9793 said:
I still believe Airtell BB is best in India.. but their recent restriction on UL plan was not a good idea. But what Airtel can do when whole world is going through Global melt down.

how is global meltdown connected to FUP ??? Airtel should lower the rates so as to increase their base...via FUP ISP's like Sify are going to get more consumers

ravi_9793 said:
But what Airtel can do when whole world is going through Global melt down.
WTH ..
U speakin as if Airtel EVER gave its customers TRUE BROADBAND.
Its a freakin idiotic company with unclear goal cept for one.. Make the consumer pay and upgrade only wen the situation aint letting in enuf oxygen.

What has the global metldown got to do with it ..?
as if Airtel got the FUP in accordance with whatever plans and download limit other ISP have implemented.

Spacescreamer said:
WTH ..
U speakin as if Airtel EVER gave its customers TRUE BROADBAND.
Its a freakin idiotic company with unclear goal cept for one.. Make the consumer pay and upgrade only wen the situation aint letting in enuf oxygen.

as if Airtel got the FUP in accordance with whatever plans and download limit other ISP have implemented.

corporate understanding may be - mil bant ke khayenge

It's about time that Airtel stop with this nonsense and other schemes for eg: offering few kbps more for a huge premium.

Only thing that might help is if the definition of broadband is revised by TRAI to something like 1 Mbps or at least 512 kBps at the minimum. If we leave it to these bloodsuckers, they will keep India in the dark ages forever.

I do not buy their argument anymore that they do not have the existing infrastructure to provide proper broadband. They've earned enough money to invest in upgradation.

i think with TRAI reducing mobile tariffs Airtel see internet as the best way to keep the balance sheets in profit...i think their managers haven't learned from their cellular success story more consumers more market share more profits...

I think...companies like MTNL and BSNL should start high speed broadband (like 8Mbps, 16 Mbps etc) with affordable rates and without any FUP so that these private operators are forced to reduce the price.
This is because most of the people have telephone lines at their home and these service providers (MTNL, BSNL) dont require any additional infrastructure at the customer's location.
Moreover we know that they can provide the speeds now also. I am saying this because i have seen MTNL speed jump to as high as 5 Mbps sometimes :eek:hyeah:

@Mods
Can you please let us open a thread, totally UNCENSORED where we can give dil khool ke gaalis to AIRTEL :mad: :mad: :mad:

BSNL has the whole telecom infrastructure setup in India which happened over the long years ( remember the old black telephone)-they can provide the cheapest tariff.

Private player has to create their own infrastructure or use the bsnl infra ; paying them rental > huge investment/additional cost>slow penetration>costly tariff

However private players can bring following things to the table :

>better customer care

>plethora of plans to address various customers - not all the internet users are p2p savvy

But No one can beat BSNL in unlimited download plan for a long long time - until n unless some different mod of carrier can be used which in allready in the place - like electricity lines, DTH,cable tv etc. or government/tri giving subsidies to isp to setup such infrastructure

2999 that sucks ...3k on a stupid 20gb download limit ... that sucks big time
2999 16kbps unlimited .. then ppl will think of it ... but this plan i dont think there will be many home users to go for it:p

Ridiculous plans to say the least.
What are the UP speeds of these plans ? I presume 256Kbps..
Prosperity in reverse order for India. Hooray!

*Applying vaseline on my size 10 shoe to wazoom up the Airtel arse.*

rishabh.asthana said:
how is global meltdown connected to FUP ???

Spacescreamer said:

The recession has everything to do with the FUPs. Basically in a nutshell, Airtel doesn't seem to have money to expand it's infrastructure. So in order to accommodate new subscribers (which is how they will get more money), they are restricting (aka shafting/fleecing/taking advantage of etc.) existing customers. That's the connect between the recession and FUPs. But this explanation in no way justifies this ridiculous policy.

vebk said:
The recession has everything to do with the FUPs. Basically in a nutshell, Airtel doesn't seem to have money to expand it's infrastructure. So in order to accommodate new subscribers (which is how they will get more money), they are restricting (aka shafting/fleecing/taking advantage of etc.) existing customers. That's the connect between the recession and FUPs. But this explanation in no way justifies this ridiculous policy.

U have a valid point

why the hell they come out with these weird, nonsense plans......

and they haven't even decreased the price of their broadband plans since last 2 years ... bloody a**holes

rofl.. yeah dloading p*** is gonna help :lol:

what a waste of time an money .. they can rather give us 1 mbps UL @ 999 ..

offices n cybercafes require bandwidth...n not the unlimited dload limit...it looks more of a business tariff rather than for home/torrent purpose :p

what happens if some one finishes it midway through the month ?

Would be too risky for a business plan with those limits.

Back