WTB 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200Mhz CL16 // Ballistix 3600Mhz CL16

Yeah. I didn't want to take the risk of waiting for a drop or for the 2x8gb kit to be available, which was a better deal if I remember correctly.
Regardless, happy with this.

Last edited:
8GB 3600MHz for 4357. Is that good?

I wanted to buy the 2x8GB 2666MHz for 4600rs. I got an email informing of stock availability but I didn't see it on time. By the time I saw it, it was already out of stock.

I think it's worth the price since it's a Micron Rev E, and there are not many 3600 CL16s out there at this price point AFAIK. It's apparently much better than lower tier Samsung B-dies and the top tier B-dies are way expensive anyway.
May not matter to most, but these are supposed to be best bang for buck overclockers, unless you can find a Sport LT for cheaper.

@iPwnz if you are going Ryzen then 2666Mhz is not recommended in general, at least 3000/3200 is needed from what I've seen. But i don't know if it matters all that much. Someone in the 'Buying Help' sub found a 16gb 3600 Gskill for less than 6K I guess.

Last edited:
@iPwnz if you are going Ryzen then 2666Mhz is not recommended in general, at least 3000/3200 is needed from what I've seen. But i don't know if it matters all that much. Someone in the 'Buying Help' sub found a 16gb 3600 Gskill for less than 6K I guess.
For older gen Intel and backup not Ryzen. I already have a 16GB 3000Mhz. 3600Mhz is pretty costly. I just want the best bang for buck and the 3200MHz falls in it but I couldn't find any deal for it back then.
There was a deal for a single stick 16GB 3200+ (I've forgot the exact number) for a pretty good price in the market section a few months ago. I didn't take it as I wanted a dual-channel.
I honestly don't even know what I want anymore. I'll just buy and sell when I get a better one.

@iPwnz Oh wait, get this maybe. You can probably OC it to 3200 if lucky and it's dual rank too.

Last edited:
Yeah single rank, almost all 8GB modules are single rank these days. Even with 16GB some can be single rank, but most will be DR. Need to check before buying if someone particularly wants DR.
Track it on Keepa, most likely will have to wait quite a bit to catch it on Amazon. Looks like 3200 CL16 is available now though.

Last edited:
thanks, it's already in my keepa list, will wait for 3600Mhz and I'm not in a rush.
and other reliable online seller ?
2x8GB sticks can be configured in Dual-Channel mode ?.

Back