Monitors 17"TFT monitor

Vandal

Skilled
Guys I need a "decent" 17" TFT monitor..I will be using this for net, occasional gaming and also documents....muvies n music :p
prob is I cannot afford to spend more than 15K right now
I'll need a 1024*768 @ 85 Hz or so....
3 year warranty preferred..
No I know diddly squat about response times n contrasts and such i dunno what nits is (know what a nitwit is though :bleh: )
Can someone please explain the terms used in simple language and also suggest a monitor
In case the monitor is really good I can spend maybe 16~17K

^^:rofl: :rofl: Lol!! Good one there, Blade!! :)

Ok, back to topic, Vandal , you may want to check out the Viewsonic VA712 17" LCD too.. I dont know the price, around 16k i think (Not sure here).

It has excellent colour reproduction and good contrast and brightness. Response time is 8 ms. No DVI connection though..

What about the samsung syncmaster 740 N. Its got an 8ms response time and comes with a free laser printer worth 8.5k. donno the price though i expect i to be aorund 15k. anyone know?

don't wanna sound like a noob but what's the difference between 8bit & 8ms. AFAIK the ms is for the response time for moving images & it comes into play when viewing movies as well as playing games. Plz. enlighten me about the 8bit thing, . Does it mean no. of colors that can be seen or not like 32-bit (24-bit with 8 bit alpha channel) 16 million colors? thanx in advance

Chaos said:
VA712, VX724 and 740N are all 6bit TN panels. He wants an 8bit panel.

I don know much abt LCD screens so can u tell me what is the 6 bit and 8 bit for? and how much difference will be there between a 6 bit and 8 bit panel? thanks in advance

Back