Monitors 18.5" LCD monitor: HP or Dell - which one to buy?

tbf

Disciple
Reviews are not available for these monitors on the net, so I am asking people who have used these monitors about their quality. Please note that my requirements are somewhat different, I don't play games and seldom watch movies, but I do online reading a lot, so the features I am looking for are - the monitor should display crisp and clear text, and it should be easy on the eyes. Brightness is not important to me.

Thanks in advance.

Dell's must be wayyyyyyyy better.. Never seen anyone recommending HP monitor.

And now that u say, "easy on the eyes, soft brightness", i would recommend Samsung 2033SW (20Incher) for 7k. Smooth colors, Soft tone but sharp text and images. Awesome VFM

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consum...rs&subtype=giantseries&model_cd=LS20CMZKFV/XK

t4vi47.jpg

and ofcourse, drop dead Gorgeous.

sato1986 said:
Dell's must be wayyyyyyyy better.. Never seen anyone recommending HP monitor.

And now that u say, "easy on the eyes, soft brightness", i would recommend Samsung 2033SW (20Incher) for 7k. Smooth colors, Soft tone but sharp text and images. Awesome VFM

A special thanks to you for your recommendation. It's weird specially since I am not considering samsung - because though the screen quality is great, I find samsung lcds very bright for my taste.

The problem with the particular model you have recommended is that, at that resolution the desktop/window fonts/icons, and also the fonts on most web pages appear very small.

HP 19/20 inch LCD's are extremely popular and get recommended all over the world. In some "TOP 5" reviews the HP models feature at no1 position.
"Best Monitor I ever owned" - HP W1907 user review and rating - CNET Reviews

A few days ago I had enquired about the availability of a 19" 1440x900 monitor from Benq, yesterday I received this reply:
G 900 WD would be available by 25th,June in Kolkata.I will update you further on the same.We have got a very good LCD monitor in 20" size.Model No. is G2020HD.This monitor has got DVI input and DVI cable is bundled along with.It will cost you INR 6700 all inclusive.Kindly contact Asutosh@0983******* or Mr.Lilesh@0983*******
for the same.

The price of a HP 20" is 9650 + tax. I have abandoned my idea of buying a HP.

So if I buy a 16:9 lcd then it will be either samsung 2033sw or benq g2020hd.

If I decide to go for 1440x900, then it will be either Dell 1909w or Viewsonic.

Viewsonic?There are Horror stories everywhere.When I went to buy one in a main dealer in cochin ,they don't stock viewsonic anymore!!!

I don't like horror stories, so dropping Viewsonic as an option. I had contacted Dell and the only monitor they have in stock is the 18.5" one.

So my current status is:
BenQ G900WD vs. BenQ G2020HD vs. Samsung 2033SW.
I will keep the forum informed about my latest positions.

BTW, about two weeks ago I had enquired with HP the availability of the 19" L1908wm monitor . That monitor is made using an Optronics panel which is also used to manufature the BenQ G900 series of monitors. Optronics is a BenQ subsidiary company. See the reply I have received today:
As per you enquiry, we are glad to quote our offer as under
1. HP 19" L1908w wide LCD Monitor 1.No. Rs.11,000.00
Terms & Conditions
Vat- @4% extra.
Delivery- Within 7 working days after receipt of P.O.
Payment-100% advance.
Warranty- 3 years.
Thanking you

The L1908w doesn't even have a DVI port.

Here is the PANEL SEARCH database:
Monitor Panel Search Database

ok, after ages of deliberation I have made my decision at last, this is my final choice (too bad today is Sunday, I can't wait for it):

ige0lv.jpg

dude here is the suggestion from a dell 1909w user-

i use 19" 1909W .it's awesome.the picture quality is awesome.the customer care of dell is legendry .

so forget about others and go for dell:)
18.5" or 19" anyone can do 4 u since u do not play games :)

Dude don't buy 18.5" Displays it's only good for watching movies. its resolution is weird am i suffering a lot with that.try to get higher resolution monitor at your choice.i vote for Dell

Back