Monitors 18.5" LCD monitor: HP or Dell - which one to buy?

I went to market to buy the dell 1909 today, but couldn't find it anywhere so I bought the Samsung 2033SW(@7k) as it was my second choice.

I am not happy with my purchase since I don't find it eye freindly. The hp 20" I had seen was eye friendly and bright enough at the same time but it would cost me 9.5k.

EDIT: From my experience I recommend the 20" 1600x900 size as the entry level desktop monitor. Initially the fonts appeared too small but all these fonts can be set to any size one wants them to be.The 20" 16:9 has got the same height in inches and same no. of vertical pixels(900) as the 1440x900 - 19" one, but it has 160 pixels more in width, which comes almost free. That is very handy when one is working with two windows side by side, or during watching movies.I am sitting in front of it and it feels very big, so unless someone requires more vertical space or full HD resolution, this screen size is the optimal choice.

Any reviews on the 2209WFP of DELL?... I got a quote for Rs.8035 for this 21.5 inch monitor... Obviously a quote from the company direct to customer.

I am thrilled and also skeptical... Why so less??? Is this model being phased out and is this some kind of clearance sale???

^^yes this series may be phased out

but this is infact a very good model AFAIK!!

dont think twice get that if ur getting it for the price u mentioned

Really??... Hmm.. guess I must buy it then!!!!... Dell's customer support is also class..

The product SPecs

Monitor Size: 22" Wide-Screen
Panel Type: TN - Twisted Nematic
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Max. Resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
Brightness: 300 cd/m
Response Time: 5 ms
Pixel Pitch: 0.248mm
Connector Type: Analog, DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP

Back