Monitors 19†LCD users – Need your Help

craige4u

Recruit
Hi folks,

Me planning to buy Viewsonic 19†VX924/922 and the Native resolution for these monitors are – 1280x1024

So, me decide to see how things looks in 1280 x 1024 Resolution and so me turned my 17†CRT to the 1280x1024 resolution.. But when I switched the resolution on my CRT, I am unable to surf the internet properly due to extremely small fonts and even my desktop display/folders etc.. looks small and cramped!

I just wanted to know that the display that I am getting on my CRT at 1280 x 1024 Resolution will be same in the LCD as well ? Do in LCD things get better by auto calibration of fonts and other things ?

Is there something that can be done to overcome this problem in LCD?

Also, if I decrease the resolution to say 1024x768, will the LCD screen suffer from color bleeding OR blur or other kind of problems?

For games, I wanted to know that if the native resolution is 1280 x 1024, can one play games at resolution below without any problems in lcd ?

Any help would be appreciated.

hmm afaik ya LCDs have only one "natural" resolution, limited by the number of pixels physically built into the display. If you want to move up to, say, 1024 by 768 on an 800-by-600 LCD, you have to emulate it with software, which will work only at certain resolutions..

same works for going down... so that means reduced picture quality ......

Also, if I decrease the resolution to say 1024x768, will the LCD screen suffer from color bleeding OR blur or other kind of problems?

For games, I wanted to know that if the native resolution is 1280 x 1024, can one play games at resolution below without any problems in lcd ?

Part 1 - Yes...

Part 2...Yes you can, and theer is not much of a discernible loss in image clarity on the screen...but a LCD willalways look at its best only in its native resolution..Any lower, and there'sll always be a loss in quality

Text will show major losses, Moving images less so

We, i myself have a 19" LCD. (Check my Sig)

Its really good at 1280*1024, but even down to 1024*768 makes it all blurry.
In Games its pretty fine though. But in Windows anything except 1280, sucks!

bear in mind two things Craig.

1. Your LCD will be 19" as against 17" for the CRT.

2. An LCD does have a somewhat better viewing area for the same size spec.

In view of the above, objects at 1280x1024 will definitely look bigger on your new LCD.

Ok...going by the defects of the LCD till Now(Not YET Perfected-in tech-evolution),ME going for the 24 kilo Viesonic 19 inch monster CRT P97f+SB...

.......Anyday Better than the LCD-TFT!

// if u give the looks & footprint a pass/

goldenfrag said:
We, i myself have a 19" LCD. (Check my Sig)

Its really good at 1280*1024, but even down to 1024*768 makes it all blurry.
In Games its pretty fine though. But in Windows anything except 1280, sucks!

Man you have got some real cool specs!
Can tell me where in Mumbai you got Razer copperhead and corsair Ram?

I was lukin for Razer copperhead & Razer diamondback for quite a while now and none of the Retailers are having this cool stuff.

^^Order it direct from Razerzone.com. They have free shipping to India. Get the VP930b. VX is crap in terms of color reproduction.

Chaos said:
^^ Get the VP930b. VX is crap in terms of color reproduction.

Actually the color looks sharp and clear Chaos. The VP930b is definately a better monitor but they charge you an overhead for the pivot feature of the monitor.

Back