Monitors 19 " / 21 " CRT Monitor ?

puns said:
yup , g90 is top on my list for 19"

nothing on philips monitors ? the 21" 201B40 for 18500 looks a good buy wat say .
get that monitor...was using it, darky still uses it...awesome....does 1920x1440@75hz n 1600x1200@85hz.....had seen the samsung 1100...pos monitor....waay overpriced...for 26.5k u can get the philips 202P 22" CRT..uses aperture grille....can do 2048 x 1536 @80hz...mind blowing monitor...have seen it in action...imho one of the best crt monitors available here that i know of

puns said:
yup , g90 is top on my list for 19"

nothing on philips monitors ? the 21" 201B40 for 18500 looks a good buy wat say .
The P4 series Philips had an aperature grille... u wanna movie and game stay away from LCD's... believe me buddy I've just tested some 30 freakin flats... Not worth it just yet... maybe in some 5 years an LCD would be a good bet...

vandal said:
The P4 series Philips had an aperature grille... u wanna movie and game stay away from LCD's... believe me buddy I've just tested some 30 freakin flats... Not worth it just yet... maybe in some 5 years an LCD would be a good bet...
You obviously haven't seen IPS or MVA/PVA high end panels :p. Cheap TN panels sold in India will obviously suck.

zhopudey said:
So, Chaos, which is the cheapest 17" LCD with these "high-end" panels? :eek:hyeah:
Samsung 770p is PVA. I guess that'd be the cheapest. IPS panels have the best color reproduction but as of now come only in 20" or higher sizes.

^^ Lol, after using a Dell 2005 FPW 17" LCD's will sure suck :p

Btw, I dunno what people have against LCD's my 15/17" TFT's are flawless.

I'm not an expert on monitors but I was more than happy while gaming on my 8ms LG 1730S :)

^^Haha definitely all that matters is that the user of the hardware is satisfied... Well I was thinking i got an uber l33t display but then the first day I came to office, I saw a 2405 FPW on the desk of one of the guys here :(. That sucks :p. So my next target now is 3007 FPW :p

Chaos said:
You obviously haven't seen IPS or MVA/PVA high end panels :p. Cheap TN panels sold in India will obviously suck.

Thge key word is affordability pal... MS may be able to afford such panels.... but as long as we can't (meaning people like puns or say YT) why talk about them here.....:p He wants to buy something... not drool at what your office has...:bleh:

Since the SS is 'affordable' do spill the beans and tell how much???

^^Well these are personal not funded by anyone :p. Its unfortunate though that dell panels are unavailable here cos they are the most bang for the buck panels currently available.

Chaos said:
^^Well these are personal not funded by anyone :p. Its unfortunate though that dell panels are unavailable here cos they are the most bang for the buck panels currently available.
Any links for those Dell panels mate?? those 'affordable' panels?? :p

Chaos if you are planning to buy the 30" for yourself in your next visit... I am game for the 20" you got there... Heck... Thats my best bet to get a 2005 :p...

Switch said:
Chaos if you are planning to buy the 30" for yourself in your next visit... I am game for the 20" you got there... Heck... Thats my best bet to get a 2005 :p...
Not next visit. Once the rebates start appearing on the 30". Right now they are charging MRP on it lol. Who buys stuff from dell at mrp :p.

EDIT: We are goin way OT here. Better shelve this discussion!

Back