Monitors 19" or 21" Monitor decision ?

Im going to make a machine for my Freind, the use is Extensive CAD & MAYA 3D Designing.... & ofcourse much of Gaming.
giving him 3000+/A8N-SLi/2gb Corsair RAM with 6800GT.

But im left to decide abt Monitor, Samsung 19" 977DF or 21" 1100DF. The price of 19" is < 13,000/- but the 21" is around 28,000/-- more than double. I dont understand why so huge diff in price. but since there is no Budget Probs, is it really JUSTIFIED to pay fore the 21" ??

he wants 1600 x 1200 res for him to work & i guess 19" can do 1600 x 1200 @76Hz which will be fine.

Anyone;s Using 21" here & can really review the difference betw 19 & 21" ??

Thx

If he wants to work @ 1600*1200 the 19" will do just fine. The extra 2" dotn justify the double price. The price is double since there is no or very less demand for 21" or even 19" monitors right now. Once they become mass selling products prices will come down like in the case of 15 and 17".

I suggest if price is not a problem then get a 19" LCD ! No two ways about it.

An LCD with < 8ms response time is as good as a CRT and then LCD's are a piece of art arent they ! Also the screen size of a 19" LCD will be more than that of a 19" CRT...

i think 2 19" monitors will be very useful. or if budget is a problem, even 2 17"s will be better than 1 19". One monitor just forthe viewports, and the other for all toolbars, dialog boxes, timeline, etc.

The prices of the 19" LCD will to be too much... Though Viewable arean in an LCD is more, so a 17" LCD is more like an 18" CRT... But i beleive LCD's are not good for multimedia capabilties like designing and all... I personally use a Samsung 997DF and its great... i would say stick witha 19" Flat CRT... And do check out Philips... They are pretty good too...

LCd at the moment is not an Option, no matter what companies are promoting abt the specs -- the actual colour reproduction & response LAGS are nowhere near the precision of CRT. The biggest Glitch of an LCD is that they are optimised for a Native Resolution, using anyother res. makes it irritatable Blurry & jagged. & he needs to work & try on Different Resolutions. Thats the biggest point
So
.Let's not Discuss abt LCD's At all here. He doesnt want one at all.

2nd, from ur opinion i can make out that a 19" is fine enough for the job, atleast for the price thingy.. 21" monitor's Price is just bloated to shit.

Anyways -- i w;d really ask someone who is really using a 21" monitor himself & can lay me some good justification for it over the 19" ??

no hurry for me
i have 15 days to make him the Machine.....

dont know about CAD, but if he is going to use maya a lot, then 2 monitors will really help. Specially with 6800gt, which can update textures in viewports in real time. So he can have all viewports on one screen and hypershade and render globals on the other.

apollyon said:
ordered a 22" philips 202p monitor for a friend, for 29750, does 1600x1200@97Hz n has a max resolution of 2048x1536@85Hz....its aperture grille

great resolutions specs -- where are u bying it from ??? Im in delhi

& yes the samsung 1100DF also has that "aperture grille". Can someone elaborate what exactly is it ? i gues something how the screen is painted horizontally right ??
correct me till i google abt that

zhopudey said:
i think 2 19" monitors will be very useful. or if budget is a problem, even 2 17"s will be better than 1 19". One monitor just forthe viewports, and the other for all toolbars, dialog boxes, timeline, etc.

Yup...2 monitors will really be of good help...and its a thumb rule that LCD's are not preferred for gaming/graphics.....

well freinds 0-- with a discussion here
im closing on with a Decision to stick with 19" for 12,500/- as against 21" 27,000 not Available in market at all confirmed by Samsung. It will be Filth spending anyway
now -- is samsung 977DF a good option or another brand u guyz prefer
I guess i sh;d start a new thread for that to be Precise --

Back