1st washing machine !!

vercetti said:
I see everyone saying its superior...its superior; care to tell us why its superior?

I had a budget of 30k but since I could not find the actual reason why these are called as superior I got a whirlpool top loader with heater for 15k

your 'superior' talk is just like the showroom salesman mate; no reasoning provided:) (No offense meant mate)

No problems friend, this is a well established fact, front loader are superior to top loader in many ways like water consumption, gentler treatment, the only advantage a top loader has is, low weight of the machine, lower price and faster washing cycle, but that too is dwindling fast as top quality washing machine like siemens and miele do have faster wash cycle of 45-55 minutes.

i guess the above video answers all doubts !!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

wow wow wow !!! me even more confused now. I went to this WHIRLPOOL showroom today to buy FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINE, but to my surprise there was not even a single front loading machine. He had all top loading. He started with a typical salesman pitch and somehow convinced my dad to go for top load. Now the decision is in my hand.

He is offering whirlpool 360 for 21.5k + a free bag. He said its the best washing machine and have overtaken front loading in USA as well.

Me really confused as what to buy and what not to. He said he can make available any front loading as well if i provide the model number.

He also mentioned front load is success in metros, but in cities like UDAIPUR you will face problem w.r.to HARD WATER, POOR SERVICE etc.

Please advice what to do. NEED TO BUY TOMORROW ITSELF !!

BUMP !! need to buy today itself.... suggest !

coolcatric said:
i guess the above video answers all doubts !!

wow wow wow !!! me even more confused now. I went to this WHIRLPOOL showroom today to buy FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINE, but to my surprise there was not even a single front loading machine. He had all top loading. He started with a typical salesman pitch and somehow convinced my dad to go for top load. Now the decision is in my hand.

He is offering whirlpool 360 for 21.5k + a free bag. He said its the best washing machine and have overtaken front loading in USA as well.

Me really confused as what to buy and what not to. He said he can make available any front loading as well if i provide the model number.

He also mentioned front load is success in metros, but in cities like UDAIPUR you will face problem w.r.to HARD WATER, POOR SERVICE etc.

Please advice what to do. NEED TO BUY TOMORROW ITSELF !!

BUMP !! need to buy today itself.... suggest !

Stick with front loaders.
If budget is not a issue get the whirlpool 1072 CW or else settle for their 5.5kg washing machines such as the basic Explore 855 or if you want a display get the Explore 1055 .

Got a Samsung 8500 Series Front Loader [1000rpm spin] and Satisfied with it, Cost me 22k But well worth the price.

ifb has lost its rapo. when it colab. with germany it did wel. but not now. iam a lg direct drive user. it is doing well since one year and more. it consumes no power when hot water option is not selected. it consumes (heater element is 2000 w ) only when it is in hot wash progm ,max 95 deg. tem.,. the max. water it consumes is 44 lts. bit noisy at 800 and above rpm.

Coolcatric,

I had an IFB Bosch washing machine (front loader) that lasted me about 19years.... with one change of motor in '09. After that change though, within two years, the machine was so horrible that if I put it on, the whole house knew the washing machine was on! Besides, in its last days it stopped spin drying... As long as IFB was connected with Bosch, they were unbeatable. Now, however, they're the last you should have on your mind.

Siemens is amongst the best now... a 5kg front loader will cost you about the same as you're paying for the top loader you mentioned earlier. Maybe I missed it amongst the comments above, but front loaders are a lot more energy efficient... lower power consumption. Plus, lesser water consumption..., and gentler on clothes... why would you still go with the top loaders?

Hope that helps...

being at the receiving end of bad servicing by ifb people, i would request you to stay away from it.People getting good service are one in a thousand, with the number of unhappy customers growing by the day

I don't understand why some people are bad mouthing LG. I have had LG (Chaos) top loader washing machine for over 10 years and it is still running beautifully. Of course some servicing was required but which electronic item doesn't need that?

Shortlisted LG Direct Drive ( 1056 or 8086 ?) 5. 5 kgs and Siemens 5.5 kg washing machines.

Need reactions from those who use any of these ..

Also confused if I should escalate my 20 k budget to 30 k for the latest 6 motion LG handwash

in 6 kg, 40 k for washing and drying combo for Mumbai monsoons or take a consumer loan

and get into the 60 k bracket with the LG 9 kg / 6kg steam washer dryer.

Seems to be the only steam washer in India.

Will LG technicians be able to service these advanced machines?

We will be 2 users of the machine and currently manage with hand washing our garments.

But of course, the idea of wearing sterilised allergy free clothes sounds great !

Technologies keep improving and you always pay a premium to stay with the latest. That doesn't mean a front load washing machine available a decade back were unable to sterilize clothes or provide considerably dry clothes ~ 70-80%.

You can choose as per your budget, but don't stretch too much. What seems new today wont be the next year.. and you would also like to spend on other products...

+1 to what eXcesscaLIBER said.

Heard some problems with the dirct drive - motor and drum connected with each other. So, any trouble with either, means a change of the whole assy. If (and when) not under warranty, a huge setback.

The siemens 5.5kg... (front loader)... have known more than a few people use it... a fill-it,shut-it,forget-it deal!

The rest really depends on your budget... and how fancy you want to get
<
Hint: The functions don't improve as dramatically as the price.

Cheers

LG aint that bad, Im using LG Top Load 6.5KG washing machine since 10 years, and only 1 service in that time span ...

But SIEMENS is anyday better than LG/Samsung/Whirlpool ...

+1 to Siemens. Bought a front loading model and never had a single problem with it for the past three years. Using it in a hard water area and so I give it a vinegar wash every three months. Even in this hard water, clothes are relatively clean. Very glad with Siemens.

If Siemens or Bosch are too expensive, LG would be my distant second best. I would not go for Whirlpool or IFB.

Appreciate all your responses. But my questions remain unanswered.

LG Front Loading Direct Drive (5.5 kg) 1056, 1068 and 8086 seem to be marketing very well with

sales force positioning them as the only way to go. Better than Siemens and Samsung because they

do not have a belt and are direct drive. User reviews please.

My next querry was the utility of a washer dryer combo to meet the mumbai monsoon requirements.

Friends in Europe say they do not ever buy a washing machine without a dryer.

Steam washing and drying in washing machines seems to be useful. How significant ?

And finally, can the bad servicing in our country handle complex machines or is it best to

go with a basic popular model for this reason alone ?

Back