Storage Solutions 1TB Gen4 Nvme SSD Recomendation request

Which Brand to go for ?

• Total voters

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Planning to get a ssd for dual boot system. which one to get ? it will be paird with Samsung Evo Plus 970 gen 3.
This will become the primary ssd which will hold windows. other will be used to hold Mac.
Mac 11.4 beta bought the awaited support for 6800XT and 6900XT with metal so planning to conduct some test and go for the purchase.
Abhi fhatafat suggestion do :p

What about Samsung 980 Pro vs. WD SN850 ?

update:
1) got a quote of 1tb aorus gen4 ssd - 12050 shipped.
2) got a quote of 1tb Sansung 980 pro ssd - around 18k shipped.

Last edited:
6800XT and 6900XT
joke of the year 20-21. good luck finding gfx card.

heard phison nvme controller is supposed to be good. not sure much. we have tested kioxia drives which broke the records.

do serbent have phison controller?

joke of the year 20-21. good luck finding gfx card.

heard phison nvme controller is supposed to be good. not sure much. we have tested kioxia drives which broke the records.

do serbent have phison controller?
Well I did got the GPU in 20-21 :p in both years (RTX 2070 in 2020 and AMD 6800XT in 2021).

I am a noob in ssd and its controllers :p:p:p:p:p:p

Well I did got the GPU in 20-21 :p in both years.
Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF

yes was considering corsair mp600, Samsung 980 Pro and sn850 too.
MP600 and the gigabyte are basically identical under the hood. Same controller and nand. Both are slower than WD and Samsung.

Samsung 980 pro is also slower than sn850. Don't buy the Samsung.

if you are considering for OS ,go for one which has highest write cycles or warranty amongst TLC ,3d nand etc .Its not always about speed its about longevity :masked:

I have heard that sn850 die for some within 2 weeks. So scared on that part. Samsung is nearly the same I think. This is so much confusing

I have heard that sn850 die for some within 2 weeks. So scared on that part. Samsung is nearly the same I think. This is so much confusing
go for sasta and tikau with good warranty and service center ,as OS drives will degrade more rapidly so treat it a consumable rather than collectible

go for kingston A2000 it has good Random IOPS ,this one really flies under the radar ,i bought one under amazon sale 7.5 to 8

Last edited:
My dual boot Hackintosh is successful and so now planning to make gen4 my primary ssd for windows and gen3 as hackintosh ssd with open core. Now SN 850 vs. Samsung 980 Pro confusion needs to be sorted fast :p

Back