Audio 2.1 Vs 5.1 - Computer Speakers/Home Theater ?

Yes, It was with iPOD.

Played, Hotel California, RDB & songs from Khamoshi all at 320 Kbps.

Bass is very much controlled without any distortion, Crystal clear sound.

Looking for X540 Demo, Can anyone tell me which showroom will have Logitech speakers on demo ?

Praks any update ?

did u buy 5021 or still looking for x540 Demo?

In delhi I cant get demo of x540 with any dealer

if any user who has X540 can help me for playing some content at their home or bring it to my home I would be grateful.

Praks said:
Still looking for X540 Demo

Can someone tell me who is nationwide dealer for Logitech ? Is it Rashi ?

yup its Rashi.

this is their Bangalore address..

Rashi Peripherals Pvt Ltd.
3 , Sunkalpet Main Road ,
Bangalore - 560 002 .
Tel No.: +91 - 080 - 42480202
Fax No.:+91 - 080 - 42480299
Email : bangalore@rptechindia.com

best of luck for ur purchase... :)

another 5.1 contender from edifier DA5000 available or 9000/- getting a demo in 2-3 days

Loa Edifier DA5000 Pro

DA5000 Pro SPECIFICATIONS

Power output : RMS 12W x 3 + 6W x 2 + 60W (THD=10%)

Signal to noise ratio : 85dBA

Input sensitivity : 5.1Ch: L/R: 250mV +/- 50mV

SW: 150mV +/- 50mV

PC: L/R: 450mV +/- 50mV

SW: 150mV +/- 50mV

CD: L/R: 550mV +/- 50mV

SW: 200mV +/- 50mV

Frequency response : L/R: 160Hz ~ 20kHz SW: 20Hz ~ 160Hz

FEATURES

Media-Pro DA5000 PRO 5.1 system provides exceptional audio solution for Home Theatre Audio, PC, PC gaming and audio applications

8" 'Long Throw' professionally designed wooden subwoofer ensures 60 Watts of deep powerful bass

5 two-way satellites, each with 3" mid-range and 3/4" tweeter provide exceptional crisp and clear audio response

Triple line input - 5.1 RCA line-in - Stereo (AUX) RCA line-in - PC RCA line-in

Multi-function remote controller - adjusting master volume - all channel

control and adjustment - CD/DVD mode selection - Music/Movie/Customized EQ selection

Spring-clip speaker out connectors Magnetically shielded drivers

Comes with a sleek wireless remote

Edifier :: A passion for Sound

What do you need to use the speakers for, and what is the source?

There are many variables, but the bottom line is that I couldn't find any surround speaker system (=5.1), powered or not, that could compare to the sound of a MX5021, before I hit a budget of ~25K. And even then I felt there was something lacking.

The reason is pretty simple. If you have, say, 12K, and need to build a 2.1 system and a 5.1 system, keeping your profit margin intact, which would you need to use cheaper components in? More boxes and amplifier channels in the same budget will obviously mean cheaper quality material in the system with 'more'. We always believer in 'less is more'.

@ranjan: I do want to hear some of the stuff your recording engineer friends are mixing. When I mix, it's always for stereo unless the project calls for multichannel (movie sound effects - not songs, SACD, or DVD-A, and I've not even done one project like that, only Farhad is working on something like that right now, not aware of anyone else). And apart from that, you do seem to have some of your facts slightly askew and though I really like your tone and passion to help, it might help to get a little more meat into your research, and not just from computer websites ;)

@TS: I would not even bother with the Logitechs. I have managed to hear both the X540 and Z5500 at our local E-zone, and they sound just plain horrible. I'd rather not listen to music than listen to it on them. If you are hankering after surround, and are prepared to spend, I'd suggest separates. I got a Pioneer receiver and a JBL sub/sat combo for about 25K (prices for a similar combo should be around 20-22K now), which beat out the Logitechs and the Onkyo HTiB kits like the HTS-3100 etc, by a mile. Don't bother with surround systems below that price, unless you are very casual about the quality of sound.

I have recently upgraded my main rig to the Usher Mini-Dancers and some pretty exotic handmade amplification (by yours truly), along with a Buffalo DAC. The sound is pretty much the best I have heard south of 4L. I also am a musician and an amateur recording/engineering enthusiast, so I can pretty much tell good sound when I hear it. I would urge you to look hard at the MX5021, I hear they are still pretty good even after all the price and quality cuts in recent years. If you are still keen on surround, get two MX5021s and hook them up in 4.1 configuration (the sub of the rear channel will be faint). Given your listening distances, you won't miss the center speaker.

^^ which pioneer / JBL products are you talking about ?

I was interested in a 5.1 speaker system for around that budget.

The Pio VSX-416 (long discontinued and with no video features worth talking about, but decent audio) and the JBL SCS140. The former was 10K, the latter 15 but I've seen people quoting 10K for the speakers now. Still not as good for music as the MX, but perfect for gaming :)

thanks cranky.

Are their any other alternatives to pioneer in similar budget which are currently available. Or, is there any place where I can find the pioneer receiver.

I am looking to buy a 5.1 amplifier for around 10k for music and movies

hi,
you can have that same effect from your Ipod(Sorround) but it will not be the Real Sorround but Virtual Sorround. you can buy any Home theatre from Sony Or Philips(as they have inbuilt 5.1 decoder) and enjoy the Sorround Sound but dont expect the same Dolby expirience.

Back