Monitors 20" LCD pricing

spyral

Disciple
Hey guys how much should I be paying for a decent 20" LCD in Bombay?

I got some crazy quotes all over 30k and so I narrowed down on the Dell 2007FP which was about 28k. Then I read about the Viewsonic 20 wide priced at around 20k so now I'm wondering what the usual price range is.

Im leaning towards a regular screen because its for my dad and he prefers those but if the price difference is too big, Ill consider wide.

i am currently using 2 Dell2007FP's...and they are great. The last one was purchased in August and i paid 27,100/- delivered with octroi and cst. Base price was 25000/-

Feel free to negotiate with them....this month the prices should be 500-1000 cheaper

Vivek

I generally prefer Dell LCD's and this guy does seem to want to make the sale so Ill try and get some extra discounts.

Im cool with paying 3-4k extra for the Dell but if the Viewsonic and possibly others are around 20k, 28k for the Dell seems too high. Even if I do get further discounts, Im guessing 26k will be as far as he will go.

Viewsonic 2025WM is for 20k and at the most 21k. Many members have got this display recently for this price. Dell 2007WFP price I got is 27.7k all inclusive. Dell is more costly because of its extra features and functionality.

Agreed about Dell's extra features but that still doesn't warrant an 8k premium imo.

Is the 2025 available in a nonwide regular version?

i have a 2007wfp and trust me its worth the extra bux,sexy ass screen,u can swivel in any angle with 1 finger,4 usb ports,svideo, PIP,PBPand MOST importantly 5 yrs warranty boss

viewsonic dont have nothing of those

SoulFire said:
i have a 2007wfp and trust me its worth the extra bux,sexy ass screen,u can swivel in any angle with 1 finger,4 usb ports,svideo, PIP,PBPand MOST importantly 5 yrs warranty boss

viewsonic dont have nothing of those

I will second that. 2025WM does not offer that kind of flexibility nor the additional features. Also the Panel itself is a S-IPS which is supposed to be better in color reproduction than the P-MVA Panel used in the viewsonic.

I too was initially in the dilemma whether to go for 2025WM or the Dell. The price of Viewsonic was around 23.5k then. But I decided on Dell because of the flexibility alone, later price of Viewsonic dropped to 20k even before I got my Dell delivered. But after watching the display in action, I did not regret my decision a single bit.

If you have the cash, then Dell is well worth its price. If not then 2025WM is your next best option.

i think you were a little hasty. After Dasherra you would have got another 3K off. Sorry, for the late response, but maybe will help some body else.

Back