Video 20" lcd tv suggestions?

Hi Ppl,

Need confirmation on another point. Just read somewhere on the net that a normal monitor is a 6bit TN panel while LCD Tvs will be 8bit TN panels so TV will be better to watch..... I am not good on TN panels n stuff. This correct? If so i ll ask dad to wait a while and get the 19" samsung LCD TV or something similar only rather than try with the monitor. Cos most of the time my parents will use it a lot. They dont care bout size half as much as bout space saving in that room so a 19" TV will also do :D

Will a monitor along with a T.v tuner box give a good picture quality in comparison with a dedicated LCD Tv? I do not think so. I have a PCTV from Pinnacle (internal)...- its good but quality of pic and sound on the comp is not exceptional. Well that may be inexpensive .... but...cannot be recommended against a LCD tv from Samsung or Sony. They are far better in every respect.

You are right most TV panel use a PVA panel which is 8-bit however if you plan to hook it to the pc then reading text off it will be a bit difficult due to the lower resolution and put a lot of strain on the eyes

techie_007 said:
hi all,
Well, dad wants to buy a 20inch lcd for his bedroom. the room is not very big and the budget is similar so looking for a basic model which will perform decently. any suggestions with prices etc?

Why not an Akai, they've got a 26" for 24K and are making quite a big splash in the media. I'm not expecting great quality, but the price is unbeatable

Back