PC Peripherals 2007WFP vs 2407WFP purchase decision hell...

ANP !!! said:
u sure it isnt 43000 all inc for the 2407 ?? coz they wont lower it by 10k any any means..

I got mine for 43000 all inc shipped.

2407 scales 1080 extremely well if u ask me. If u get lucky u willl get a A03 Rev :D

I think they're selling A04's now.. :huh: don't know what's different in that..

i have been following this post and you guys are recommending that if its Graphics work then go for the 20" and not the 24".

Could you please elaborate on that. i ws looking for the 24" and waiting for the prices to come down to around 30k, and need it only for color purity and graphics. i already have 4 20.1 inchers and wanted something bigger and this seemed the best.

thanks

everyone is recommending Dell 2007WFP for Graphics work as it a S-IPS panel whereas the Dell 2407WFP is S-PVA panel

S-IPS has the best color reproduction

Raghunandan said:
Oh how I wish you had waited!! Theres going to be a price drop on my deal for the 24" soon.

Raghu.

Dont you dare :p

@Vivek

Which monitor do you have...

S-PVA panels IMO have a slight offbeat vibrance to it...The green looks stark green...the red looks REDDD....overall good colors excellent contrast ratios...and superb viewing angles...infact for movies S-PVA is a very good panel...

But S-IPS is the one when it comes to color accuracy...Just go to an LCD TV showroom and compare with an S-IPS panel and S-PVA panel...you will kn what Iam talking about...

I compared 2 such panels with the India Vs England Test match going one...

The S-PVA showed the grass as stark green...almost too much that it didnt look as naturally grassy(green) as an S-IPS sublime green...

You may have checked the panel infos but heres another one LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN

Vivek Punjabi said:
and how does one check if the existing panels are s-ips or s-pva. i have 4 of the 20 inchers.

As far as I know Dell 2007WFP and Apple Cinema Display series (20", 23") are the only S-IPS Panel's available in India. So if your displays are bought in India they are not either of these two, you can safely say it its not S-IPS. Dell 30" and Apple 30" are also S-IPS, but they are not available in India.

Nec 20WMGX2 is supposed to be the best 20" S-IPS Panel available. But its not available in India. As for the ones available in India, i.e the Dell 2007WFP and Apple CD, Dell is the better one. 2007WFP is feature rich and much more improved over the years than the Apple. Apple is costly (Twice the cost of Dell) and lacks even basic controls to adjust brightness or contrast.

the 24' seems a bit over priced also like zhopudey said if ur using it for movie at 1080 for that extra shine its worth the money but i doubt the lower ends gfx cards will be able to handle the high resoulution of the monitor considering the refresh rate :p
also it will be like my monitor any resolution beyong 1024x768 the monitor turns off this will have some problem with the lower end cards :p
but 33k is a bit over priced for a 24'

Ero-Sannin said:
i doubt the lower ends gfx cards will be able to handle the high resoulution of the monitor considering the refresh rate :p

all lcd's need to be kept @60Hz otherwise they can get spoiled ;)

So vij, how good is the display? i am considering buying the same HC rev. of the 2407. How is it for movies-- both high-def and regular dvds ?

Raghunandan said:
Oh well look what I just did :p Anyway, what do you do with all the monitors you buy? :S

Raghu.

I just have the 2407 man...940bw I gifted and the vx924 I sold...

@dog

Its a good display, but Id suggest you take a look b4 u buy...coz the S-PVA panel does look different compared to TN and S-IPS...No wonder Dell terms this Ultrsharp..But could it be too sharp...Find that out...

vij said:
I just have the 2407 man...940bw I gifted and the vx924 I sold...

Oh ok. You are the 1st to get the 2407-HC on TE, right? I will certainly be expecting a detailed review asap. Its a real nice monitor, though I didnt get to see it for long at my colleagues place.

Raghu.

vij said:
Its a good display, but Id suggest you take a look b4 u buy...coz the S-PVA panel does look different compared to TN and S-IPS...No wonder Dell terms this Ultrsharp..But could it be too sharp...Find that out...

So if now given the choice,which one would you rather buy-- dell 2007 or 2407 ??

Back