2023 Festive season online shopping feedback?

I am sure many of us have bought stuff online during this festive season. For me Amazon has been good so far. Curious to know how has everyone's experience been so far?

1. Amazon - Good offers (not as great as last year). Bought lots of stuff. Delivery has also been prompt and fast. Just two mess ups in like 10 orders. One was delayed and Amazon cancelled. Another order delivery guy gave it someone else and Amazon wanted me to wait 24 hrs before resolving. The other guy was generous enough to return my order.

2. Flipkart - Not so good offers. One order placed and that too messed up. Basically ordered two items. Couriered through Delhivery. One item reached near my house but Delhivery delayed the order. The second item I found cheaper on Amazon and Flipkart wouldn't allow me to cancel only one item. So, had to cancel the whole order and get it from Amazon. So, Flipkart score 0 orders.

3. Reliance Digital - Had ordered a washing machine. Got very fast delivery from Reliance. But when the Reliance tech came for setup, the hinge was broken. They have a long replacement process where someone needs to file a tech report, then it gets approved and then they might chose to refund or replace. Took a week for the tech guy to file report, and then approval took ages. They wanted to give a replacement. But refused and got a refund instead. Reordered from Amazon. Final score 0 orders.

4. Jiomart - Tried to place an order using a "bank offer" showing on the product page. But the offer didn't appear on the payment page. Tried calling to see if I could get the offer. No help provided. 0 orders.

5. Samsung Online - Got a good offer through a Samsung employee on S23. Placed order on Friday for priority delivery on Saturday. Had to call support to get the order shipped yesterday afternoon as they claimed they were drowing in orders. Then came the rude surprise that the order has been shipped via XpressBees - a courier known for delaying orders and providing fake updates. These guys put my order "out for delivery" yesterday evening and then added a "misrouted" underneath it. I tried cancelling the order but I couldn't because as per Samsung my order is "out for delivery" between yesterday evening to today afternoon. After that XpressBee sent my order somewhere and its been in transit since 1pm with no visibility on delivery date. So, 2 days later from the "Priority Delivery" date - the order is nowhere to be seen. Makes me wonder if the 1.5k discount was worth the money.

I thought I'll update this thread. Samsung cancelled the order after much follows yesterday morning. Ordered from Amazon and they outdid themselves. Delivering the phone in record 5 hrs.

Last edited:
Even Amazon delivery guys asked tips for delivering a refrigerator. They were not demanding but since they had to carry it to first floor paid them a small amount.

I mostly stuck to Amazon for small orders, like a Razer headset and other smaller items. No issues and delivery was prompt.

Same mostly used Amazon due to amazon pay balanc having more functionality than Flopkart gift voucher balanc

Although did purchase a microwave from flopkart and the other stuff were of the same price so didn bother with flopkart (even though VIP member)

Back