Monitors 22 - 24" IPS Panel Monitor - Readily available in Chennai market?

Hey guys,

I've been reading about IPS Panels for the last little while and I've decided to jump in for one!!

I've read about the Dell Ultrasharps, the ASUS PA246Q and HP 24 incher as well... I'm still holding out my verdict although right now, I'm leaning toward the ASUS.

I spent an hour going around a few bigwigs in Richie Street, and came to understand that no one understands IPS panels, and are ready to push cheaper TN panels down my throat...

Can anyone tell me where I would find IPS monitors in Richie Street and what would be my options/choices for what's readily available?

Thanks!
Prav

^^ The best buy among these is the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H (23' -- full HD -- e-IPS panel) ~ 15750/- (upon shipping from SMC International, Delhi) Dell UltraSharp U2311H FREE SHIPPING

For specific directions in Chennai, I say wait for other members to pitch in. As I've never been to Chennai.

Here are some links I found @IT Depot its close to Chennai --
Theitdepot - Dell UltraSharp 23inch Widescreen LCD Monitor (U2311H)
Theitdepot - Dell Professional 22inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor (P2210)

^ IT Depot is actually in Chennai and one of the costlier options.

Prav, check out Richie Street. It is an electronics mess, but you can start with Delta Peripherals, Mahaveer, Supreme and Lotus

^^ You'll have to click I am interested and directly purchase it from them OR they might direct you to a nearby Dell reseller.

Most dealers do not stock IPS panels because very very few people buy them. I won't be surprised if you do not find them at all on Ritchie street.

Your best bet is to get it direct from Dell or from dealers like SMC International who do stock them.

Or you can be persistent and ask a dealer to place an order for you for the specific model number.

If you are interested in buying the Dell U2311, let me know. I can get some more info from a dell employee on an authorized retailer in chennai.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ The best buy among these is the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H (23' -- full HD -- e-IPS panel) ~ 15750/- (upon shipping from SMC International, Delhi) Dell UltraSharp U2311H FREE SHIPPING

For specific directions in Chennai, I say wait for other members to pitch in. As I've never been to Chennai.

Here are some links I found @IT Depot its close to Chennai --

Theitdepot - Dell UltraSharp 23inch Widescreen LCD Monitor (U2311H)

Theitdepot - Dell Professional 22inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor (P2210)
I had a Dell P2210, it has a TN panel and not an IPS panel.

dell will be revising their IPS panels mostly by august. The u2311h will be superseeded by another model. the u2211h is no longer available in india or for that matter a lot of places. The remaining u2211h are have a backlight bleed worse than u2311h. If budget is not a problem i would suggest the u2410. its the best in the dell range, better than the u2311h. although it would be around 25k. P2210 is a TN panel as said above and though stated as professional panel it is not an IPS.

Dont go for LED's unless you are prepared to shell out around $700 or more for them. Also the ASUS is a P-IPS or a performance IPS which is slightly inferior to the e-IPS the Dell uses

I'm still fighting over in my mind on whether to go for the dell u2311 or asus pa246q.. ive heard that the dell has too many bleeding issues...

oh, and when we're talking of updates to the dell, how long as we looking at here as to when they come to India, and how much more expensive will they be?

I agree IPS panels are great. But to be honest, I'm using Samsung P2350 (23") Full HD TN monitor, and I do not regret buying it. It's 2MS G-To-G.

The new models should release in the US by july end. here by august late. We'll see. The asus is good option if you dont want to wait. As far as backlight bleed goes the earlier dell u2311h had this issue but they seem to have rectified it in the newer batch

Back