Monitors 22 Inch LCD BenQ G2200HD VS Dell ST2220L Confused!!

MaRKiV

Adept
I am planning to buy a 22 inch LCD monitor budget is 8-9k but strictly below 10K.

I have gone through many thread and narrowed down between BenQ G2200HD and Dell ST2220L/M

I am really confused between the two.

BenQ G2200HD has been in the market for quite a while and has rave reviews
Dell ST2220L is new and looks good on specs but couldn't find lot of reviews over the net.

Please help me decide.. also open any other LCD monitors worth a competition.

Usage: Lot of Web browsing, Movies over weekend and light gaming.

I don't have discrete graphics card, would my MB/Proc (AMD AM2 X2 4200+ / Biostar TA785GE) play 1080p movies with ease??

cant you spend 4K more and get the Dell 2311h ?

i mean the image quality will improve greatly over others ,

if not i suggest you get the AOC 22", costs 6.7 K it will worth its price , with pretty good viewing angle and good response time.

Buy BenQ G2220HD... its a great monitor... color production quality is great... But if u r looking for an alternate option the i think u shud consider Samsung B2230

Yeah definitely I will recommend the BenQ G 2200HD one of the most stalwart LCD monitors in the market,

the Samsung B2230 is also a good alternative... the Dell ST2220L is a great all-round package apart from the slightly irritating touch sensitive buttons but that is definitely nothing very bad

Dell ST2220L - Stealing Every Other Monitor's Thunder > Reviews > PCs & Laptops > Monitors > Tech2.com India

Dell ST2320L, ST2220L, ST2220M and IN2020M LCD Displays | iTech News Net - Gadget News and Reviews

The AOC models I have encountered have always manged the bad luck of having a dead pixel or two, so can't allow you to buy that in good faith :)

Thanks everyone... If I go for U2311H as suggested would it be worth the money? will the LED source justify 4K increase and IPS panel?

HOw would G2220HD compare with U2311H?

get Benq g2220hd as i am using it now it is very good monitor.
and if you search for a deal then you will find one about Rs 8000.

ALPHA17 said:
By the way are you actually going to use Color intensive apps( Corel, Photoshop etc. ) if yes then the purchase is justified otherwise it is more into the grey area :)
Nope nothing related to work on this machine, Strictly for home use and a bit of web designing hobby...

Then no need to strictly go for the U2311H I think you'll do better with a standard BenQ G 2200HD Cheerio :)

Using the BenQ E2200 HD, i will have to say that i love it, and only if you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you wouldn't require an HDMI port in the near future, only then go for the g2220

No HDMI bruv the G 2200HD has HDMI not worth buying an HD monitor without HDMI-out. Much better to go with the E 2200HD as @AmanDeep has said it will add a slight future-proof element to your system as well :) .

See if u can spend 9.6k then i wud suggest u to buy G2420HD by spending some 400 more which costs 10k and comes with HDMI port and a headphone jack... AND BTW its a 24 incher...

See u wont see any difference in the picture quality between an LED backlit monitor and an LCD monitor as Alpha17 has suggested except a bump in contrast ratio... Plus if u r thinking to buy dell ST2220 LED monitor then u have to buy DVI-D cable separetely coz ST2220 doesnt come wid a DVI cable... BenQ G2220HD comes wid a DVI Cable...

Hades. said:
See if u can spend 9.6k then i wud suggest u to buy G2420HD by spending some 400 more which costs 10k and comes with HDMI port and a headphone jack... AND BTW its a 24 incher...

Why I am not going for a 24incher is due to its space constraint and 24 incher is really huge and an overkill.

How is BenQ vs Dell in A.S.S? Since ST2220L and Benq G2222HDL are both LED backlight and i heard the DELL cost 8.7K

How much would a DVI cable be dearer?

Back