PC Peripherals 22 incher vs 20 incher

Tech Savy

Disciple
Hello guys !
1. Can I get any 20†LED monitor with full HD res?

2. What is the difference between 19*10 res in 20†LED and
19*10 res in 22†LED monitor.

3. Isn’t 22†is biggy ?

Purpose : HD gaming
Reason : I can’t afford GPU except 6850 :hap5:. if I get 22†I think I have to lower the res in :(:( upcoming heavy games so why not I should go for 20†:cool2:it is cheaper and less space taker. :bleh:

1.You cant get FHD resolution in 20".Max is 1600x900.

2.Only 22" has 1920x1080.

3.Anything requires some time to adjust.20" was a huge improvement for me when i upgraded from 15" CRT.

I wound recommend a 20" incher for you because you need atleast a GTX 560 or HD 6950 to pull off FHD effortlessly.

^That last statement is not true. Even a HD 5770 can handle all major games from the last 2 years at full HD resolution. HD6850 is a very decent card and should be able to handle all present games at Full HD easily, you may have to lower some settings in some games, but that is about it.

Regarding the size, trust me and get atleast a 23'', although if I were you, I would have gone with a 24'' monitor. The size may look overwhelming to you at first, specially if you're used to laptops or a smaller screen, but once you get used to it, even a 24" will look inadequate.

^^ not entirely true. my friends 5770 struggles to run BFBC2 at max setting without any additional features on.. and his monitor has a max resolution of only 1600x900.. For movies you can do with even an inbuilt GPU but for gaming the GPU along with the monitor size is crucial..

I can bet you that he wont be able to play BFBC2 in any setting above medium if he chooses a 1920 resolution monitor.. That is lame really when he is an avid gamer!

I have a HD 5770, I have no problems running BC2 @ 1080p at high settings. Besides, HD6850 is a far better card than HD5770 and is more than capable of handling all latest games.

Even if it wasn't for gaming, a Full HD monitor will serve him right. With monitors becoming so cheap, there is really no reason to settle for a non HD monitor.

Get yourself a 22" monitor - you wont regret your decision :)

I had a jump from 15"CRT to 22" monitor

and talking about your gpu - i think it can easily handle many games at high resolution :)

close your eyes ad get an Full HD 22" monitor....

you will not be chnging monito like you change the graphic card or processor.....

Price diff between 20" and 22" inch is very small.I am using 5770+ 22" monitor and most games plays at full hd with eye candy.If you buy a 20 inch,you will always feel a desire to upgrade and will end up spending more money.

Even my old 4870 is still doing good at full HD res on most games. Can do med~high even on todays games. Just make sure you have atleast 4GB memory and a decent CPU, and your HD 6850 will just breeze through most of the games at full HD @ high, if not very high.

Go for 22"+6850,mostly you'll be able to play at high setting,lower the settings to medium in case of low fps in latest games like bf3.

ok guys . Thanx guys.

I will buy DELL ST2220L !

My overall budget for gaming is 40-42k.

what is current price of sapphire 6870 1 GB. ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thegatekeeper said:
Go for 22"+6850,mostly you'll be able to play at high setting,lower the settings to medium in case of low fps in latest games like bf3.

Bro i hope i will be able to game @ HD with MSI 6850 PE + i5 2400.

I will play game from Mafia2 to Half Life (Backword). what kind of performace i will get.?

Go for dell st2220l quickly as very less stock available..i just ordered from letsbuy @6947 only..its dirt cheap price..even in Nehru Place(delhi)..its 8100!

use the letsbuy coupon!

Back