Monitors 23" OR 24" Monitor - Budget 12-17k & a few queries

Hi everyone

Before I start I would like to inform you all that I have already ordered Dell 2412 from Snapdeal @ 17787 COD just a few minutes back but then I met with a few roadblocks. Right now I have an option of cancelling the order & ordering something else. Usage - Movies > Office/Browsing > Gaming (Starcraft et al)

First was the pricing of course. Dell 2312 is available for Rs 14700 & I would be paying Rs 3000 extra for that extra inch & 120 vertical lines + the load on my ageing 4850 for that extra resolution. I'm asking this because I would soon be getting a 40" TV in my room so I might start watching movies on that instead of the monitor.

Second is a query regarding audio. Currently audio is routed to Onkyo 3300 through HDMI from HD4850 (other output powers the screen). Initially I had planned that I would be routing the video + audio (through HDMI) to the AVR to avoid the usage of the 2nd output port of 4850 then routing the video from the AVR to monitor (not sure if that was be possible though). Reason ~ 4850 detects the AVR as an extra monitor which has created an impression in my mind that this setup would drag down the card's performance in gaming. Is this assumption true?

Since this monitor does not have a HDMI port that option is also ruled out. Will have to continue the same connection setting as before.

Just for your reference this is the setup I am currently using:
Samsung 19"@1440x900 / C2d e7400 G31 / Radeon HD4850 / CorsairVX450 / 4GB ram / 2TB HDD / Corsair 400R

Kindly help me out. Need to change the monitor

Thanks in advance[DOUBLEPOST=1368357502][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys I finalized u2312HM. Have attached a pic stating the difference in the size of the 2 monitors. A difference of around 14-15% in overall area but the major stretch is in breadth which I think I would sacrifice. Saving around 3k on the same.

P.S. Still have a confusion though :p

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 80
Back