Disciple
hi guys,

i have owned ,

ps2

psp

ps3

xbox360

tatasky

&pc with 8600gt gfx card, core2duo 2.66ghz, 4gb memory,19 inch viewsonic display vx1932 wm (1440 x 900)

Using- 3ds max,maya,autocad,adobe products, movies and gaming

on viewsonic vx1932 19" display

I am using this tv tuner for connect my ps2 and tatasky to the monitor

Tech-Com ssd tv 723 link -> http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/tv-tuner-query-105184.html

viewsonic link -> http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/lcd/x-series/vx1932wm.htm

pretty setisfied with my monitor peformence with 2 ms response time,and exter tv tuner has picture in picture feature,,

Now i am planning to go to little big screen around 24" or 26" but dont want to spend much..should be under 20k

searched so many sites for different monitors,dell 24" are good but no composite or component inputs (ultrasharp are costly),Lg monitor Tvs are only 22" max.

How is Benq 24" monitor tv link -> http://www.benq.co.in/products/LCDTV/?product=1593&page=specifications(dont

(I dont know if it has picture in picture feature and it is must)

right now my monitor's response time is 2 ms but benq mk2432's is 5ms,,,,will this make any difference in my gaming???

If any other Monitor Tv is there with plz suggest me,I dont want to use external tvtuner anymore

If you're planning to use an LCD Monitor as a TV, you need either an IPS or PVA panel with good viewing angles. But they're expensive and a decent 24" like the Dell U2410 will set you back by 29k.

Since your priority is watching TV and gaming, get a regular LCD TV and be done with it. Those will have IPS/PVA panels. The only downside is, the resolution of an LCD TV may not be high enough to be used as a monitor unless you sit some distance away/or you use your existing viewsonic for desktop purposes alone.

Crazy_Eddy said:
If you're planning to use an LCD Monitor as a TV, you need either an IPS or PVA panel with good viewing angles. But they're expensive and a decent 24" like the Dell U2410 will set you back by 29k.

Since your priority is watching TV and gaming, get a regular LCD TV and be done with it. Those will have IPS/PVA panels. The only downside is, the resolution of an LCD TV may not be high enough to be used as a monitor unless you sit some distance away/or you use your existing viewsonic for desktop purposes alone.
thanks for feedback but benq mk2432 tv has full hd resolution 19**x 1***
i tried to find any review of this product in different web sources but couldn find.
If i will compare my current monitor and benq mk2432 then here are main features. will it make any big difference

SIZE VIEWSONIC19" BENQ24"
Resolution VIEWSONIC1440x900 BENQ1920x1080
Contrast Ratio VIEWSONIC700:1 (typ), 2000:1 (DCR) BENQ1000:1/ 10000:1(ACE)
Viewing Angles VIEWSONIC160°hor 160°ver@contrast> 10:1 BENQ170/160 (typical)
Response Time VIEWSONIC2ms gray2gray 5ms blackwhiteblack BENQ5ms (Typical, on/off)
Brightness VIEWSONIC300 cd/m2 (typ) BENQ300 cd/m2
Speakers VIEWSONIC2x2-watt BENQ5W x2
Input Terminals VIEWSONIC1 x DVI,VGA BENQ HDMI 1.3x 1 Component x 1 Composite x 1 SCART x 1 S-Video x 1(Audio with CVBS) DVI x 1(through HDMI) D-Sub x 1 PC Audio x 1 DVI-Audio L/R x 1
Link viewsonic Viewsonic VX1932wm 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor
benq BenQ India - Consumer Electronics

well their is a difference b/w monitor tv and lcd tv.
the monitor tv like the LG has a built in tuner/speakers/remote.a lcd tv has all that with a better lcd panel and better image processing to handle SD content.

monitor tv primary fuction is as a monitor,secondary as a tv.
where as a lcd tv is designed primarly for tv with secondarys as a monitor.

so get a lcd tv if u watch more of tata sky and ps2.

adder said:
well their is a difference b/w monitor tv and lcd tv.
the monitor tv like the LG has a built in tuner/speakers/remote.a lcd tv has all that with a better lcd panel and better image processing to handle SD content.

monitor tv primary fuction is as a monitor,secondary as a tv.
where as a lcd tv is designed primarly for tv with secondarys as a monitor.

so get a lcd tv if u watch more of tata sky and ps2.

True that !
So decide accordingly.

Did you decide etn the LG and the Benny yet? What was the verdict? I'm trying to figure this exact thing, but there doesn't seem to be a choice. It's just the LG or the Benq...

Cheers,
Neel

Back