Budget 21-30k 25-30k - Req CPU Mobo GPU @ 1080p. Advice !!!

1. What is your budget?
    • 25-30k (Max)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E7400
    • Motherboard - Giga G31
    • PU - ATI 4850
    • RAM - Kins 2x2gb
    • Monitor - Dell Ultrasharp 2312 @ 1080p
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • Cabinet - Corsair 400R
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2312
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • Cabinet, HDD (1x1TB + 1x2TB)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 4440 or i3 3220 or fx6300
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • RAM - 1x4GB for now
    • GPU - No idea
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  • No
  1. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Lucknow
    • Open to online purchase
  2. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  3. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • Moderate gaming (Rarely happens)
  4. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Popular titles
  5. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Everything - 1080p
  6. Are you looking to overclock?
  • NO
  1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Mac OS (If possible at a later stage)
P.S. : 1. Really confused with the i5 option. Don't know whether I'd be able to make use of the full potential coz apart from gaming I might just use Corel sometimes & that's about it.
2. Also wanted to use the USB 3.0 headers of the 400R if that's possible with the new mobo's.
3. What to do with the 4850 ?? Sell it (Any pointers on a decent selling price for it?) or keep it ?? That cash can be added to the budget.
Thanks

Last edited:
That is exactly what I was thinking. Just hoping that the i3 acts significantly better than C2D I am replacing.

Any suggestions for the GPU ? Won't want the CPU acting as a bottleneck for the GPU since I might not be changing this system for quite a long time or until something conks off.

And any reason why this comparatively expensive mobo ?? A local dealer suggested some Gigabyte (Rs 3000) mobo making the whole combo come to 10k exactly. The other i5 combo was coming to 18.5k

And thanks a lot for the suggestion
Even an i3 will perfectly suffice your needs.
i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte B75M Dh3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)
total: 14,400

> Although i3 3220 can provide decent gaming experience at low-medium settings, you can still include an R7 240 for 5500.

> That's not an expensive motherboard considering it's features.

Bought the i5 4440 @ 12300 & Giga H81 @ 4150. Couldn't buy it online coz i needed the setup immediately. Have ordered Cosair Vengeance 4GBx2 from Snapdeal for around 5.9k. Hope this completes the setup for now. Will use Intel 4600 graphics for now since I do not have gaming on my mind right now.

Guys could you give me a pointer whether I should sell 4850 & at what price approx ?? Or should I use it with the existing setup instead of Intel graphics.

P.S. Difference of the i5 wrt C2D it clearly visible in almost all applications whether its browsing or Corel. Thanks for all the help

Bought the i5 4440 @ 12300 & Giga H81 @ 4150. Couldn't buy it online coz i needed the setup immediately. Have ordered Cosair Vengeance 4GBx2 from Snapdeal for around 5.9k. Hope this completes the setup for now. Will use Intel 4600 graphics for now since I do not have gaming on my mind right now.

Guys could you give me a pointer whether I should sell 4850 & at what price approx ?? Or should I use it with the existing setup instead of Intel graphics.

P.S. Difference of the i5 wrt C2D it clearly visible in almost all applications whether its browsing or Corel. Thanks for all the help

congrats. enjoy your pc :) ram is costly though.
sell the card on ebay. i advice you to get a new powerful card than old power hungry card.

In lucknow I was getting the basic corsair at 2950 a piece so I thought vengeance at this price is a good bargain. Moreover online most other sites were offering it at a higher price so I had to go with SD.

What graphic card would you suggest with this config ?? Budget 10k though will consider stuff till 15k before buying one.

In lucknow I was getting the basic corsair at 2950 a piece so I thought vengeance at this price is a good bargain. Moreover online most other sites were offering it at a higher price so I had to go with SD.

What graphic card would you suggest with this config ?? Budget 10k though will consider stuff till 15k before buying one.

r9 270x makes a sweet deal for 15k.

Back