25 Kilograms of surround sound goodness

Congrats Lord...

This is the only show off of yours, which gives me the opportunity where I can use "meh" :)

....just kiddin' congrats though.

Lord Nemesis said:
Now who the heck said that? I don't see where I mentioned any such thing. If you are referring to the title of the thread, then you might want to know that its just a phrase put together to attract attention and not meant to be interpreted in a serious manner. Didn't intend to tickle your audiophile sensibilities. :p

In any case, I guess there is one indirect relation between weight and sound. Lets suppose these were made of plastic. It would reduce the weight by a significant amount, but would they still sound the same? :p

The reason I mentioned the size and weight is because I think these are way larger than they really need to be and that's an inconvenience for me. I guess too much empty place even in the satellites. There might a perfectly valid reason for that from an acoustics perspective. Its also ironic that I started out looking for compact speakers and ended up getting these 25Kg behemoths.

I din't really expect an answer since it was a rhetorical q. Lol....but yaa....if you feel the need to blurt it out.

no . life is not fair :mad: ........ Lord Nemesis , u have brought a complete steal :) , u have to post a review (it's a request, asking so that i am forced to buy this ...... for real ) ,

again , congrats . have a ball ....... and ya.... REVIEW it :) Please ;)

Quite a number of people have been asking me where I sourced these speakers for 8.5k, so let me end the (not so big) mystery behind the purchase. I ordered the speakers via Infibeam. Basically I had originally ordered the DA5000 older model which was selling for 8.2k on Infibeam. I applied a Magic box coupon to get discount for 500 bucks on these. However, they informed me that the model is out of stock and out of production and I was given the option of DA5000 Pro for 9k (800 bucks more). I paid the same, but because of the discount previously applied, the actual price came to 8.5k for me.

Back