250 points down.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Hmm....

So what say around 75% of the capital market is now under FII's, just imagine the havoc they can cause. Apart from our capital market our economy is not as shining...

well stock market is never an indication of growth anyway. Its one of the indicators. Economy is shining (bad word.. its not actually shining.. its a pretty dim shine) cos of development and inflows in investment.

And about FII's with good checks and balances and with good lessons learnt from the tiger economy crash we needn't be too worried. Ofcourse this doesn't mean we get complacent.

anyway ITC shares have flattened me atleast last two days :eek:hyeah:

Actually Capital markets are very good indicators of economy in a country, thats when people dont invest for speculation.

But in our case the mkt itself is trading at PE ratio of 17, where as in most emerging mkts its 8-9. PE ratio is the price/earning ratio, it was a good indicator of actual share prices uptil now. Rt now its pure speculation, stocks are way overpriced, take an A list co. for eg Bharti has a PE ration of arnd 145 rt now!!!! And thats not even considering the penny stocks...

In a bull market, the PE ratio will be obviusly higher than normal ...but this may not necessarily be a bad sign......

Though I would be wary of investing in a stock with a P/E of 17 unless the other indicators tell a glowing story....

Also, in any market, there will always be a section of people who will invest only for speculation.....

What I find disturbing is the way media is projecting y'day 300 point fall as the start of doomsday....Even if a crash may not be imminent, such rumormongering will obviusly fuel -ve speculations....A self fulfilling prophecy, as they say!

PS-->BTW has anyone gone for the Talbros IPO?

superczar said:
What I find disturbing is the way media is projecting y'day 300 point fall as the start of doomsday....Even if a crash may not be imminent, such rumormongering will obviusly fuel -ve speculations....A self fulfilling prophecy, as they say!

Which channels are you watching. The regular sucky channels always blow things up. On CNBC they were clear that this is the correction that was overdue, mainly in the low and mid caps. The ignorant investors who come for a quick buck when the sensex is booming without any prior knowledge and homework and blow up the P/E of these under/non performers.

Actually the market is liquidity driven currently. There is too much money chasing too few quality and indices heavyweight stocks.

one thing good about the recent past events (past 1 year) is that "A" group shares have gone into very strong hands. entity's with deep pockets. they would not dump their holdings so easily unless some very drastic events unfold.

There were some rumours that at 7600 ~7800 many govt. officials and politicians had gone short and oversold. it is at their behest & pressure we find sebi officials and FM and PMO officials giving out contracdictory statements daily. this is to enable these bears to cover their short positions with minimum losses.

@Aces

Suzlon IPO is overpriced IMHO

@superczar

I havent gone for Talbros but have gone for Southern Online BioTech and Alps Industires IPO..

Corrections yesterday was mainly due to the rumours of the raids on Brokerage Firms in Ahmedabad. A correction is long overdue though...markets will go to 7400 levels IMO....

DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aces

Suzlon IPO is overpriced IMHO

Trust me, it will open at 700 minimum ;)

There were some rumours that at 7600 ~7800 many govt. officials and politicians had gone short and oversold. it is at their behest & pressure we find sebi officials and FM and PMO officials giving out contracdictory statements daily. this is to enable these bears to cover their short positions with minimum losses.

And I believe most of the deals will be involving penny stocks, nevertheless SEBI as an organization is much better then the other govt organizations.

LOL Deejay if I remember you had invested a lot in the mkts previously, man you must have minted big time now ;) Hmm so the X2 is in horizon nah....

@Aces: Mate...Uve left me in a dilemma...i dont have enuff cash now...else wudve gone for Suzlon...but I still think Its way overpriced..its around 35-38 times its P/E ratio...whereas Southern Biotech is 25 times its P/E ratio...and Suzlon is like huge...510 per share is huge...though the rewards will be equally huge...Suzlon OverSubscribed 11 times the first day!!!!!!

DC.

^^ Lol same here dont have enough cash, have friends working at DSP Meryll lych as well as Anand Rathi securities both have informed me Suzlon is amazing...

whats the most frustrating thing abt the IPO thingy is the allotment mechanism...i had applied for 200 shares of sasken whereas my friend had applied for 50, i got none, he got 25 :(.

Well well u have good contacts eh...so I'll be asking ur advice on the upcoming IPOs (Paradyne Infotech @ 32, how good is it??) and some picks from the secondary market too when the time comes :D.

DC.

Aces170 said:
Trust me, it will open at 700 minimum ;)

And I believe most of the deals will be involving penny stocks, nevertheless SEBI as an organization is much better then the other govt organizations.
LOL Deejay if I remember you had invested a lot in the mkts previously, man you must have minted big time now ;) Hmm so the X2 is in horizon nah....

Nah. we dont deal on a daily basis in stocks. only long term investments.Dont want to spoil my meagre cashflow.:no: our average cost price of blue chips like Hindalco, ITC is in paise (less than a rupee).Reliance less than Rs.30, that much of a long term i am speaking about.
but i do get to hear a lot of the stockmarket news and behind the scene planning in the bar , lawn and Restuarants of CCI.;) :D and it vindicates my view that the market is still controlled by a handful of broker cartels and operators.:eek:hyeah: with the reliance group being one of the bigger players.
Daily Trading is highly addictive and i have seen many a persons ruined both financially and emotionally/ spiritually because of this addiction.

RE: X2 cpu , i dont think it would be beneficial to me , a general purpose user (light gaming , surfing, emails).
Getting one X2 now and keeping it would be as prudent as going heavily short on one of the Rakesk Jhunjhunwala operated stocks;)
anyways the next version of dual core cpu's on different socket will be kick ass ones. those will be the ones to get hopefully in the second quater of 2006.:cool2:

Right now i am scavenging the streets for a cheap Amd XP cpu to test faulty m/b's graciously and generously donated to me by members here.

Which channels are you watching. The regular sucky channels always blow things up
Not TV...Unfortunately, the culprit this time is a respectable newspaper, The Hindu
They had some sad cartoon about how a bunch f brokers is driving the mkt bull wild....
Also, they seemed to have blown the IT raid ona bunch of Brokers story outta proportions....

Anyway, to be on the safe side, I have liquidated all my securities except MFs...
which is how I managed to have free cash to apply Talbros....
Aces...buddy, u seem to really gung-ho on Suzlon...Cominfg from you, I suppose it'll be worthwhile to do the basic health check on Suzlon and apply for it maybe 28th...

BTW I 'm feeling like blowin my trumpet , so must tell u guys that the last IPO I applied for (ERA Constructions) got me 103% returns in ~ 2 months (liquidated last week) :happy: so maybe my good times have started, and it may be worthwhile to take a few chances now :eek:hyeah:

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS... Sensex is something i will never discuss anywhere... It is very difficult subject 4 me, u see... It will be helpful if u explain how this all worx...

Back