Audio 25k - 35k speakers suggestion

Wanted to buy speakers+amp for 25k-35k

- Will mainly be listening to music (majority rock) and movies
- Will be connecting them to my PC, is a sound card required ?

If I could get some suggestions on various amps and speaker configs will go and try them out and then decide.

If you want to listen to music within that budget, then it has to be 2.0 or 2.1 all the way.

The options you have:

Asus Xonar DX around 5k

+

AE2(10k) + Polk PSW 110(13k)

OR

AE5(19k)

OR

Norge 2060 or better for sub 10k

Wharfedale 9.1 or 9.2 or better, 12k or more

OR

A good 2.1 ch amp from Onkyo or better for around 20k

Another 15-20k on your speakers, preferably mid range BS or low end FS and a sub later

That sort of budget should easily get you better bookshelves such as the PSB Alpha B1 or the Tannoy Mercury F1 customs - for about 15k or lesser. Not sure on the amp part of it but I suggest you give the speakers an audition based on the source and type of music you'd listen to and take you pick.

Speakers comparable to A5s will easily cost 12-15k in passive plus an additional 10-15k at least for an amplifier which would be the minimum to use the speakers to their potential.

Thus by spending about 25-30k you may get marginally better performance but with more hassles.

If you can spend 15-20k on your speakers and another 20k+ on the amp then you will get significantly better performance than the A5s but then that would cost over 35k just on your 2.0s minus the sound card which is like twice the amount. Overall, you would end up spending about 40k.

If you have to spend 100% more, you definitely do deserve 20% better sound. Don't you?

And had you spent that additional 15k on the sub woofer, then the A5s would have been a better overall setup(although that varies from person to person) for rocking bass and lively music.

If you have to spend 100% more, you definitely do deserve 20% better sound. Don't you?

TB don't start conjuring numbers when there arent.. How do you define better sound in percentage terms?

You need to use your mind for that.

It can't be done mathematically.

20% IMO is a difference which is clearly noticeable if clearly observed but something which most laymen may overlook and it isn't something which would make crap sound good, it would only be enough to make a sweet thing sweeter and definitely not too sweet or the sweetest.

You need to use a little imagination.

get a pair of good bookshelves and an amp like norge/nad n u r set... u can add a sub later.. u donot need to spend a bomb to get a gr8 stereo music setup...

You need to stop being pretentious about your A5 setup once and for all! I have seen you recommending one to every tom, dick and harry out there without realising you are making a joker out of yourself!

And how do you compare performance of sound with numbers? ROFL.

Norge are crap. And more realistically, they may not be the worst, but they are at best mediocre.

With your budget I would recommend NAD, Cambride Audio or at least as far as you can go.

Back