25L Geyser (AO Smith or Bajaj)

utkarsh_17

Disciple
Hey Guys,

My parents are looking for a geyser for home. I looked on Amazon and found 2 of the most famous ones.

AO Smith and Bajaj.

Please suggest which one is better in terms of overall reliability and after sales support. (Please suggest some other brand as well if its good).

Also water supply at my place has very hard water and will it affect the life of geyser (Read in some amazon reviews).

Am using AO Smith and working fine for 5yrs, I get mostly hard water (110-150 in TDS meter). The tap and shower head is fixed with Waterscience softener.

I had one issue in the past. When left idle for a few days the water stank like sewage. AO Smith just cleaned it up while under warranty and all is fine since then.

Am using AO Smith and working fine for 5yrs, I get mostly hard water (110-150 in TDS meter). The tap and shower head is fixed with Waterscience softener.

I had one issue in the past. When left idle for a few days the water stank like sewage. AO Smith just cleaned it up while under warranty and all is fine since then.
Thanks for the reply. Btw are you in a metro city? I live in Gwalior and generally companies don't offer good services in smaller cities.

Btw are you in a metro city? I live in Gwalior and generally companies don't offer good services in smaller cities.
this is the reasons people must stop buying stuffs from amazon.
Visit chroma or reliance digital, get stuffs - the after sales services they provide is cant be compared.
Even your local shop will give you better support long run, dont try to save rs.50 buying online.

bajaj has better after-sales network - one cant go wrong with it.

this is the reasons people must stop buying stuffs from amazon.
Visit chroma or reliance digital, get stuffs - the after sales services they provide is cant be compared.
Even your local shop will give you better support long run, dont try to save rs.50 buying online.

bajaj has better after-sales network - one cant go wrong with it.
My father did visited a couple of shops but the prices were significantly higher compared to amazon. Will check at some more shops. I also have the same concern as a lot of reviews on amazon complaint about warranty service.

Will check bajaj geyser at local shops. Thanks for your suggestion.

+1 for Bajaj. I have a glass lined 3 star model which is still going strong for 7 years. No service needed so far. Location is North Kolkata. The water is not only hard its also pretty dirty.

Thanks for the reply. Btw are you in a metro city? I live in Gwalior and generally companies don't offer good services in smaller cities.
Bangalore.

Geysers are mostly fit n forget. The simpler it is the better. Go with any popular brand like Bajaj or Racold, they have better coverage service/ repair in smaller cities.

I have an AO Smith, hard as a rock! working without a flaw
yet, For the location being in Gwalior, I think an Indian brand is better for after sales services, however... AO Smith is install & forget.
I have seen a few fantastic IoT set of features in a new product launch of V-Guard in Delhi Elecrama, 2020 Jan & my mind was blown!

The coil usually dies when it over heats a whole lot, or get a IoT plug to remote control it, auto-timer it & bob's your uncle!

I usually use racold. But the racold service guy in my city also sells aosmith and bought one of their water purifiers because of the good service. Service in terms of installation. The racold i had died after well beyond 20 years so didn't bother repairing it as they said they don't get parts any more

I have an AO Smith, hard as a rock! working without a flaw
yet, For the location being in Gwalior, I think an Indian brand is better for after sales services, however... AO Smith is install & forget.
I have seen a few fantastic IoT set of features in a new product launch of V-Guard in Delhi Elecrama, 2020 Jan & my mind was blown!

The coil usually dies when it over heats a whole lot, or get a IoT plug to remote control it, auto-timer it & bob's your uncle!
Thank for your reply. I have asked them to go ahead with Bajaj (from Local Shop) as suggested by others.

As for the IOT feature they do look great but parents aren't teck savy.

Bangalore.

Geysers are mostly fit n forget. The simpler it is the better. Go with any popular brand like Bajaj or Racold, they have better coverage service/ repair in smaller cities.
Thanks for the reply. I have asked them to go ahead with Bajaj/Racold since both have service centers in Gwalior.

Thank for your reply. I have asked them to go ahead with Bajaj (from Local Shop) as suggested by others.

As for the IOT feature they do look great but parents aren't teck savy.

Thanks for the reply. I have asked them to go ahead with Bajaj/Racold since both have service centers in Gwalior.
Bajaj is an excellent choice for the locale,

IoT features implemented in this bad boy is actually for the benefit for non-Tech savvy people, like Auto off if there is no water supply & the coil is heating the limited water stored inside of it, auto off after X minutes among other things.

Bajaj is an excellent choice for the locale,

IoT features implemented in this bad boy is actually for the benefit for non-Tech savvy people, like Auto off if there is no water supply & the coil is heating the limited water stored inside of it, auto off after X minutes among other things.
Ok, Earlier I thought IoT meant features like OK Google, remote start etc. The ones you mentioned do sound useful. Will look into this too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok, Earlier I thought IoT meant features like OK Google, remote start etc. The ones you mentioned do sound useful. Will look into this too. Thanks for the suggestion.
The pleasure is mine.

The idea of IoT is to blur the lines between technology & ease of use so much & so well that we should not feel like it exists yet... we can't do things as easily without it, like how mobile phones, the internet has become a convince for us techys!

The new company one plus founder created is called <nothing> for the very same reason.

+1 for AO Smith. Using 6l variant since 2007.
But yes, do check availability of service from respective brands in your area. And for expensive items, I would recommend visiting the shops even though expensive than offline. You can get all your doubts cleared about warranty and after sales support.

Hey Guys,

My parents are looking for a geyser for home. I looked on Amazon and found 2 of the most famous ones.

AO Smith and Bajaj.

Please suggest which one is better in terms of overall reliability and after sales support. (Please suggest some other brand as well if its good).

Also water supply at my place has very hard water and will it affect the life of geyser (Read in some amazon reviews).
Crompton Amica 25-L 5 Star Rated Storage Water Heater (Geyser) with Free Installation and Connection Pipes (White)

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion. Will check this model in local shops.
Has been using the exact same model since February,2021 and its going great until now.

Fixed the same model again In a house which was rented out in home town and that too going strong without any complaints until now.

Again if any queries are there the CC sents a man who comes home and shows us a demo also.

How is the water softener working for you? Does it really condition the water? I have a borewell and have noticed the water off late is pretty hard and causing hair fall, dandruff etc

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion. Will check this model in local shops.
Just buy from Amazon and flipkart. You will get it cheapest. Also you will get warranty as well . Refrain from going to local shops as they offer no service after sales. Also its covid times keep that in mind.

I would recommend instant water heater. They are the best costs around 10 k to 15k.

Just buy from Amazon and flipkart. You will get it cheapest. Also you will get warranty as well . Refrain from going to local shops as they offer no service after sales. Also its covid times keep that in mind.

I would recommend instant water heater. They are the best costs around 10 k to 15k.
Customer service is generally not great in smaller cities. Also many people suggested local shops because We have known them for quite some years. Its better to pay few bucks extra than suffering later.

Yes we have put this on hold because of covid. Will look into instant water heaters. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back