$291 Adobe Cancelation Fee Sees Twitter Users Argue it's 'Morally Correct' to Pirate Software

Then what would be an affordable or free option?
I definitely don't want to use the ahem versions (not worth it) and don't want to subscribe either.
I'm currently using premiere pro cracked and it is extremely easy to use honestly. Don't get the arguement when people say that something is too advanced etc etc, when there's no harm in trying out,it's not really that hard to just dive into it and for basic stuff it just works. I can understand what red dragon means to say about da vinci resolve when it's about professional color grading etc etc but that's the max potential of the software which you might never have a need for.

The real pain in the ass tho is after effects since i currently have nothing to work it on with and it is boy oh boy is it much much harder than just video editing, video editing you just start and with basic do-thats it's just how much time you're willing to give, and then searching yt tutorials on how to do this effect or transition or that. After effects i'm still figuring out the control panel and i genuinely don't know what i'm doing even after looking at tutorials (btw does anyone here have any good beginner guide or anything like that which helped them in after effects?)

And about using paying for subscription, as you said, imo it really is only for the professionals who uses these products in their workspace.

Adobe suite and its revenue model revolves around professionals and Adobe just don't care if beginner Youtubers and learners use it cracked for free. In my opinion, the subscription model is pretty good for pros who use it extensively on a daily basis. It is also about plug ins support and work flow. For RS 800 a month, Adobe is providing all three versions (Win, Mac and Ipad) so a user can start the work at one device and finish at other. Also the plug ins for Adobe products are on whole another level. I have done some advanced image editing in photoshop and I don't think any other software can come close to it right now. GIMP is yet to have adjustment layers. Resolve however can replace Premiere pro easily especially if all plug ins are not needed. Also because of the readily available crack versions, no user is willing to use other software. If you don't want to pay then you can have the latest and greatest of Adobe's tech for free and if you are a pro using Adobe for living then you will find Adobe's pricing reasonable.

I tried to use Resolve for only some audio sync issues with two episodes of a documentary with Fairlight.
I know very little of actual video editing, but fairly confident with audio manipulation. Just couldn't do it with Fairlight, went back to trusty Digital Performer ( MOTU) and could correct all sync issues within an hour.
I'm sure anyone familiar with Resolve can do the same with Fairlight, but to me it seemed very complicated ( which doesn't work like typical DAWs)
FCPX is easily the easiest video editor I've ever worked with ( though my work is mostly audio related in music videos/ short documentaries)

I tried to use Resolve for only some audio sync issues with two episodes of a documentary with Fairlight.
I know very little of actual video editing, but fairly confident with audio manipulation. Just couldn't do it with Fairlight, went back to trusty Digital Performer ( MOTU) and could correct all sync issues within an hour.
I'm sure anyone familiar with Resolve can do the same with Fairlight, but to me it seemed very complicated ( which doesn't work like typical DAWs)
FCPX is easily the easiest video editor I've ever worked with ( though my work is mostly audio related in music videos/ short documentaries)
I think you may have made a small mistake in Resolve in this case. Fairlight is a purely audio editing software integrated in Resolve. If you wanted to sync the audio and video tracks, the editing section should have been your go to. You can manually adjust audio and video tracks of any clip in it, and that would have solved the problem in a jiffy :)
Here are pics of the editing page for reference:
1618555566786.png
1618555585555.png

It was not that easy mate. Had to chop out certain dialogues, de-essed some female dialogues, removed some clicks and pops with cerain tracks, volume matching etc.etc. It was not a linear track like always, I don't exactly remember what I did though. Moreover you can't use iZotope Rx as a plugin for Resolve. You must export the wave file and import it inside Resolve.
But as I said, I'm not familiar with Resolve, but A/ V sync doesn't work like FCPX ( where you can work seamlessly between LPX and FCPX)
But for very precise audio editing and AV sync at the same go ( without any export) DP is my go to..it's so easy in it.

Last edited:
It was not that easy mate. Had to chop out certain dialogues, de-essed some female dialogues, removed some clicks and pops with cerain tracks, volume matching etc.etc. It was not a linear track like always, I don't exactly remember what I did though. Moreover you can't use iZotoe Rx as a plugin for Resolve. You must export the wave file and import it inside Resolve.
But as I said, I'm not familiar with Resolve, but A/ V sync doesn't work like FCPX ( where you can work seamlessly between LPX and FCPX)
But for very precise audio editing and AV sync at the same go ( without any export) DP is my go to..it's so easy in it.
I see. I stand corrected in that case. Though I'd still say it's a pretty good video editing software for beginners

Back