2G Data Free on Roaming - Which Operator ?

Hi Guys,

Just got myself a Huawei E303c dongle and looking for a SIM now. As the thread name itself says it all, is there any operator which doesn't charges extra apart from the activated 2G packs when on roaming ?

I'm currently in Punjab and most probably will hop between Delhi-Punjab only. Once in a blue moon, say Madhya Pradesh.

Few operators that i would like to choose are Aircel,Reliance,Tata Docomo but not sure if data would be free in them ! Otherwise, open for suggestions.Aircel is having cheapest 2g packs (network is there in punjab, also in Delhi but not in the Haryana region which is cross on NH1), Reliance is having its own network throughout the route, whereas Docomo isn't there in Delhi.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
BBThumbHealer :)

From what i know, almost no operator charges separately on data roaming, provided you use the data on the same operator network in roaming also.
The last part might be wrong in some cases where say in 3G, there is network sharing between operators across circles.

Btw why not going for 3G ?
I am saying this because many (or most ??) operators are capping 2G speeds to 128 kbps or even less to make people go for 3G.
I would suggest getting the 1 GB / 25X Rs pack which should be good for general use i guess (3G).

Thanks Raks for the reply ! :)

My first concern is which operator to choose for the very reason which u stated "data on the same operator network in roaming also" as i'm not sure which network can be i assured of PAN India .. maybe Reliance ?

Secondly, i'll be first choosing the 2G data and then eventually move on to the 3G packs :)

Check all the states you are going to travel including your home state and decide the operator since the rates of all of them are almost same be it 2G or 3G.

Which states are you talking about? Voda, Airtel and all the major ops do not charge for data on roaming. I have never ever been charged for roaming even while visiting the states of north east but as raks said, i always used my original service providers network, actually i never had to use anyone else.

Also its better to go for 3G because some states do not have a utilizable 2g data network. I guess they do it on purpose to force people to move to 3g. One can always switch to 2g for less data and battery consumption.

Back