2nd Gen NBOX HD TV Media Player

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I want to have a player that can play all major formats along with subtitles through pen drive a well as external HDD. I do have a DVD player with USB port, but it unfortunately cannot play format like MKV, RMVB, etc. I have 29" Samsung flatron TV

2nd Gen NBOX HD TV Media Player is listed on ebay, and a per the seller's description of the product it play almost all format.

Please suggest if this is worth buying. Has anybody used it? Will it be able to play MKV, RMVB, AVI format clip that are usually available for download from internet in full screen on my TV. :huh:

Also how does it compare to WD basic model or other such media players.

akshay7g said:
No mate. I'm also looking for a media player for my 720P 32" LCD TV.

The one from ebay is 2nd Gen NBOX IIRC. So going through the specs it should play mkv. Anyway I'm not sure about it.
Oh.. Then send a mail to that seller for clarification.

The first gen Nbox does not play .mkv but the 2nd gen one definitely plays .mkv and quite a few other formats. But don't expect it to play HD .mkv very well. It will handle the 700 mb or less rips very comfortably on SD but anything higher and it will start getting stressed. For its price it is a very nice piece, it does what it says pretty commendably. Another thing I noted on this was that this does not heat at all even after long hours of use. And yes this does not have HDMI but supports both composite and component outputs and no 5.1 of course.

I just bought NBOX 2nd gen last week from ebay for 1750/, initially it was showing a black & white display, But after some settings it is fine now.

I played VOB, DAT, MKV, AVI, GIF etc till now on this player and all files played well. Till now all the video files playable by VLC were supported by this player. I'm really happy with my purchase.. :)

Back