Car & Bike 2nd hand Linea Diesel vs Swift Petrol - which one?

Didn't like beat, but punto looks good... he is ready for giving it around 2L ...

You mean like a old honda city around 1.5L or Esteem for 1L :p[DOUBLEPOST=1374916256][/DOUBLEPOST]

That is what discourages me, I mean I ultimately want to get used to sedan cars.

A bawa friend just got a 2003 esteem for 60K. He intends to use the car for 6 months, learn on it properly and then sell it off for 60K itself.

That jetta looks yum, i would say go and check it right away. The vw comes with a 7 yr warranty on paint and anti rusting anyways. Atleast 2013 models do have that warranty.

Also there aint much difference between a swift and say a sedan in terms of driving. They r almost the same size, xuv500 or innova is a different story, but whatever the size, it will take you a week to adjust.

Bro again, listen to me. Buy a under a lac car, learn, sell it at the same price and then look for a good one.....

40k is hardly anything for a fiat multijet provided the odo is not tampered.You can fit aftermarket music system.OE music system on linea is downright crap.

Make sure you have good service backup in your region.plus its not the best to drive in city with respect to its turning radius,heavy steering,long clutch travel,low rpm response etc.
Its perfect for open roads but you are not going to win any drags with it.

Its the Active Diesel model actually :( ... so no music system or anything.
I heard Fiat recently opened its own dedicated service center in Kolkata, will check it out...any one here from Kolkata can confirm it?
and if its not that good in city, then probably I should not take it I guess...

So, you are getting confused now.

1) Make a list of items that you "must" have in your car.
- You can add height adjustable driver seat, if you wish. I don't think we have many such options in Indian market.​
- Of all the cars you have shortlisted so far, check which one gets more points.​

2) Find out which companies have ASCs near your house or office. Go to the nearest local garages in your area and see what kind of vehicles they repair. You'll get an idea which car will be cheaper to service near you.

3) If you need the car for short distances, then a diesel doesn't make sense...? No, this would be a wrong assumption. You are not paying premium for a new diesel car and therefore, it doesn't matter to you pricewise. However, you'll see the difference right after buying it when you'd go out to refill it. A used petrol car will always pinch you.

4) If you are young, then your learning curve for moving from hatchback to a sedan will be smaller. My idea is that you should buy a little bit extra than your current needs.

5) In general, a low slung car is more stable on the road, but I am not asking you to go for Linea just for this reason. And if you are afraid of low ground clearance then a used City should never be on your list.

I am confused actually :( , really confused.

1. List of Items I "must" have:
I want a sedan car, thats good to drive and learn, and something that I can resell without much loss in say an year from now. It should look atleast somewhat descent on road and its parts and service should be reasonable.

2. I will find that out..

3. I will be travelling short distances only..no big travel plans on used car. I guess your point makes sense.

4. I am 28, so I guess I can pick things up easily :)

5. And yea, I would not want anything that has problems with ground clearance ...I simply hate to see someone's car getting hit on belly over speed breakers.

I guess not too much to ask now, is it? :p

A bawa friend just got a 2003 esteem for 60K. He intends to use the car for 6 months, learn on it properly and then sell it off for 60K itself.

Wow..that sounds like a really nice plan ...me happy :)

That jetta looks yum, i would say go and check it right away. The vw comes with a 7 yr warranty on paint and anti rusting anyways. Atleast 2013 models do have that warranty.

And yea, the JETTA looks awesome...I am afraid to ask him to sell it for 4L :p ... I saw the price list of parts of this thing and they are like :O .... but somehow it still looks so tempting

Bro again, listen to me. Buy a under a lac car, learn, sell it at the same price and then look for a good one.....
I hear you bro.. I really feel this can be a good idea..so thanks a ton for it..

Wow..that sounds like a really nice plan ...me happy :)

And yea, the JETTA looks awesome...I am afraid to ask him to sell it for 4L :p ... I saw the price list of parts of this thing and they are like :O .... but somehow it still looks so tempting

I hear you bro.. I really feel this can be a good idea..so thanks a ton for it..

Yea man, if u bang the jetta whilst ur learning process, it with literally cost you an arm and a leg. My verna front bumper got a small dent via a local hathgadi wala, they charged me 25k for replacement. If that happens with a Jetta, ahem ahem, lets not even get there...

Yea man, if u bang the jetta whilst ur learning process, it with literally cost you an arm and a leg. My verna front bumper got a small dent via a local hathgadi wala, they charged me 25k for replacement. If that happens with a Jetta, ahem ahem, lets not even get there...

yea..I guess it good deal for someone who already knows driving pretty well.

Dude! Dude! relax and take a deep breath.

The options can be tempting. When i was purchasing my Beat last year, i was given the options of Civic [ 5 lakh], Accord [6 lakh], laura [ 6 lakh]. They can be very very tempting especially for a newbie. But do remember the ownership cost of these kind of vehicles is a hell lot more than when they were new and up for running. There is a reason that someone is trying to offload them. You can be stuck with a big damn mistake and an empty wallet.

Another thing, the linea is good no doubt. But i would rather suggest a vehicle which is partially new so that you can have a no- frills kind of an experience. The service costs if possible should also be kept a lot lower as averse to what sedans would give you. Driving is easy though and i don't think a hatchback, sedan or an Suv would differentiate in that sense. It is just a part of getting used to a situation.

I would stick by my earlier suggestion. Get something used minimally which still has that new car smell. Trust me you would have a huge smile when you drive this everyday without having to stall in the midst of a busy highway.

I would stick by my earlier suggestion. Get something used minimally which still has that new car smell. Trust me you would have a huge smile when you drive this everyday without having to stall in the midst of a busy highway.

Finally after a lot of thought, I have decided to do just this..trying to buy a used car to learn and then sell it off..seems like a good idea, if you have lot of time n energy to put into this..but I would rather do something else with my time. So, I am now on lookout for car's that are minimally used :)

Let's see how this goes.. hunting for such car's wont be easy :([DOUBLEPOST=1375103742][/DOUBLEPOST]How is a beat 1.2ps January 2013 for 3.2l ?

Back