Car & Bike 3.1 L, Used Swift or Entry level hatchbacks?

hash

Adept
I'm ready to buy a car and previously was with a budget of 2L now budget increased to 3.1L . I'm so extremely confused on which one to go for now!

Usage: 5 KM's every day.
Need : Good interiors, Easy maintenance.

Now , do I go for a Used Swift (Offered 2007 model) or should I try New

1. Hyundai EON ERA
2. Alto K10 VXI (poor interiors)
3. Chevy Spark (Love the beige interiors).

Please help, confused even after researching

Features Comparison - Hyundai Eon Era vs Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXi vs Hyundai Eon Magna vs Hyundai Eon D-Lite - CarWale

I vote for Alto K10 VXI, this car is fun to drive, has more power than EON. Moreover its Maruti and so servicing is not a problem (hardly needs any)

On the other hand, if you are never going take your car for long drives i.e 200km and above in one go, then EON is enough for you. Coz daily 5kms travelling would be good for EON as well as interiors would be as per your liking.

I agree with what chirag says, but just remember that the alto and the EON may not fit in your budget as the prices indicated on car wale is ex showroom. Other extra's like taxes etc will add up 50~75K.

If the used swift is very well maintained, then go for it without second thoughts. But on the other hand if you like me, dont like buying things second hand, then go for the alto k10. The alto k10 is a much enjoyable car to drive than eon and is very easy to maintain. Keep in mind though maruti service is actually the cheapest in the country.

EX:

Santro - first paid service costs approx 4k inclusive of taxes

eon - same as above

alto - 2.8k

swift - 3.5k

So if easy and cheap maintenance you are looking for, then any maruti is your best bet.

The chevy spark (matiz) is a great little car and with all the chevy is giving, it is actually a very good buy if you dont mind a low resale value. In my area, the top of the line chevy spark 1.0 LT is available for just 3.2 lacs after all discounts and inclusive of chevy's 3 year 100,000 kms warranty. :)

PS: both the alto k10 and the eon struggles with the AC so if you drive with the AC on all the time then you should look at some other car.

The price you mentioned for a 2007 Swift (Petrol?) is much higher than the market price. You should be able to get the Swift (P) within 2.5L. I bought a 2008 Swift (D) about 6 month ago for 3.15L.

If you don't mind owning a used vehicle (like me :) ) and car is well maintained, then go for it with eyes closed (but you need to get the price right). No car you mentioned will give you driving pleasure at around 2.5L assuming it will be self driven.

But for daily drive of 5KM, I'd suggest you to get a used Alto or Santro. Because anything else will be a waste of money.

chiragsthakur said:
On the other hand, if you are never going take your car for long drives i.e 200km and above in one go, then EON is enough for you. Coz daily 5kms travelling would be good for EON as well as interiors would be as per your liking.

Wow, I really am a holidays long drive kinda guy and this really concerns me about the EON. I was thinking Spark LT but it comes upto 3.6L!

I'm running down my option to AltoK10 VXI , EON ERA , Used Swift (Still looking).

You can get a diesel swift, 2007 thereabouts at around 3 lakhs. If the swift you are talking about is diesel, then its a no -brainer for me.

@archat68
As you have used car, Could you tell if Used 2008 SX4 for 3.5 to 4 lk is a good deal ?

Getting BIGGG car like SX4 at this price, removes Swift from the list :)

+1 and the driving pleasure that a Swift D gives you is unmatched in it's category.

SX4 that you mentioned seems to be well priced. But SX4 in general have a poor resell value. If you like the big car feeling, get a Vista or Manza. The spaces inside are unmatched.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW go through this thread, you'll get some idea regarding market price:

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread - Page 263 - Team-BHP

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also Carwale has a used car price check link on their website. You can check that too. Usually their estimates are a bit higher than the market price.

Getting a car for such short trips will ruin your budget. The engine would barely be running warm. Get a Nano 2012. No kidding. At a slightly higher budget, if you are particular about the looks, Eon, else the Alto

Back