Car & Bike 3 more nano's catch fire

MAGNeT said:
See what single instance does.

Thats the ultimate problem with the car.

If tomorrow a expensive sedan burns everyone will take it as a single instance.

Though i too doesn't agree with using it as patrolling car right now unless they get their rear end opening fixed.Well a frnd from autocar said next year begining car coming with power steering and open back.

No, see the stats I had mentioned earlier. If sedans were catching fire at the same rate, they would be dead in the market.

Nano is not aimed at people who can afford a Wagon R. It is aimed at totally different people .

The idea and concept is good . Lets hope Tata can improve on it .

My point was even the same but people compare with those cars; I compare it with vehicle it its price tag unfortunately only an auto or a second hand car comes into rates.

Concept was to provide ample space for a family whose daily needs doesnt suffice and have to travel in risky environment like bikes.

Hence mainly adding a vehicle into necessity.

No, see the stats I had mentioned earlier. If sedans were catching fire at the same rate, they would be dead in the market.

I cant see the stats. 5 vehicle in 5000 is really high figure and i dont think any car will survive with those figures....Nor did i was able to dig news on Google much about stats.

In sri lanka,before that in anand gujarat and than some reports in march than other goes into past year.

As i said its those cars which comes into picture which makes news.Like nano or a porsche.You wont hear about others unless there is a causality.

Hmm , Nano seems to be too hot for Indian roads . Its high time that TATA looks into this even though the number of incidents are numbered , wish if they learned something from JLR .

Fenix said:
Hmm , Nano seems to be too hot for Indian roads . Its high time that TATA looks into this even though the number of incidents are numbered , wish if they learned something from JLR .

Amen to that, brother. Looks like nano will earn a place in india as one of the unluckiest cars to drive, maybe? Time for JRD/TATA to take action? Or wait till a few more are burnt?

lots of cars catch fire , the problem with nano is that its in the center of attention of everyone so each and every case is reported and hyped by media as people are interested to know more nano

Its a wonderful vehicle as far as engineering goes...

bond_212 said:
care to explain that ??

I'll try

Even if the media is not readily reporting incidents, you would have heard of it if 10+ Alto's were catching fire on a monthly basis

You dont, therefore, while there is some hype, its not that other cars catch fire on such a frequent basis

^^ how much you know about the product development process ??

what you are comparing is a first generation nano vs a 5th generation alto

most new products have a lot of failures but they generally go unnoticed because they are not in the limelight as Nano has been......

bond_212 said:
^^ how much you know about the product development process ??

what you are comparing is a first generation nano vs a 5th generation alto

most new products have a lot of failures but they generally go unnoticed because they are not in the limelight as Nano has been......

I know NOTHING at all about product development processes..

But even then, hasnt it been 2+ years since the nano was launched?

I'm comparing from an end user perspective, I shouldnt have to think about my car bursting into flames when buying a car.

Back