Budget 21-30k 3 PC builds needed for office use

jammy420

Adept
couple of PCs going to be used in a doctor's clinic. and one for home usage. no big hardware demanding software to be used AFAIK. Should be able to handle windows 10 or more without fuss and hanging issues.
open to use bit older generation if available at lesser cost provided there is significant savings and the hardware is new. as such the clinic has not given any budget constraints. but need a decent PC with no frills. thats all

If budget is not a constraint, go for 12th gen i3, it will make for a long lasting machine. i3 10th gen is decent, but the price difference with 12100 is very small (~3k). Motherboard will be ~5k for 10th gen, ~7k for 12th gen.

RAM will be 2.5k for single 8 GB module, which should be fine if you don't plan on installing Mcafee "Anti"virus. 5k for cabinet and power supply. My suggestion would be to avoid Deepcool Mattrexx 30 and go for 40 instead.

Since it's medical use, I'm guessing some extra storage would be nice, to store patient files, reports, etc. Go for 500 GB WD SN570 @4k

Totals to around 27k for 10th gen and 32k for 12th gen. Keyboard mouse combo can be had for 1.5k and monitor as per need.

Alternatively, see if you can source Intel NUCs or similar mini PCs. This one for instance:
ASUS Mini PC PN51 E1 with AMD Ryzen 3 5300U https://amzn.eu/d/6Qjh8Sk

It will be slightly costly but the space saving should be worth it in an office setup.

If your budget is very tight (sub 20k per build), I highly recommend finding a local office desktop wholesaler, they have de-commissioned corporate desktops which are usually in very good condition, Look for Intel i3/i5 6th gen models, as they run on ddr4 run, unlike older generations, As you will be buying 3 of them you might be able to get a good deal on them, the pricing of these desktops also vary from city to city, for example, I am able to find a wholesaler selling i3 6th gen HP SSF desktop (including monitor/keyboard/mouse) for 13,500 a piece, they come with windows/office installed and only 4GB ddr4 ram+ 500GB hhd (these configurations vary from dealer to dealer as some include a small SSD or one 8GB ram stick) you can add extra ram and storage as per your needs accordingly.

the clinic got some quote through their sources from a local shop. As per my assessment even 4th gen setup is more than enough to handle their requirements. Though I am not going to recommend to buy from these guys, just wanted to know generally they use old used components or from where they get the old gen components?

ffg.jpeg

If these are machines which will be used at front-desk, just for billing or appointment scheduling, then these are fine. Basically, good enough if there's no multi-tasking involved.

I know businesses are looking to spend as little as possible since they have to make money, but very often they throw their employees under the bus for the same. These machines will run smoothly for 6-8 months then start slowing down. At this point desk staff will be struggling with their machine and getting yelled at by both the customers for taking too much time and by their managers for not getting able to give proper response to customers.

I have seen this way too many times. I'll go to a diagnostic lab to get my report, and it will take them 10 minutes just to print it out. Cashier will try to cancel the bill because he made a mistake and the whole system will freeze because of this extraordinary event of unfinished bill cancellation.

If you can save some poor employees from this fate, then please do so. Don't let them buy these good for nothing machines.

the clinic got some quote through their sources from a local shop. As per my assessment even 4th gen setup is more than enough to handle their requirements. Though I am not going to recommend to buy from these guys, just wanted to know generally they use old used components or from where they get the old gen components?

View attachment 142310
This is still expensive for 15 year old used hardware. You can get cheaper and better hardware here on TE. Which city are you from?

They get these from old discarded HP, dell office machines.

You will be way better than any of these quoted by local shop even the i5 when you go with 12th gen G7400 and NVME SSD it will be a day and night effect and also will be way more reliable then these older gens because older gen doesn't have good company motherboards. Even G6400 will be good for the front desk. Whatever you buy you should always go with the latest generation in the field of technical equipment. These local seller themself does not know anything when it comes to real knowledge of PC, they just know i3 is better then dual core, i5 is better than i3 and so on.

it will way better and at least last 7-8 years for purpose and will be reliable for that period

@jammy420

Bro
These prices are ridiculous.

In Trichy there are wholesale stores, which deals with brand new/ refurbished/ imported PCs and laptops.
Please feel free to dm. Happy to help a fellow TE member from trichy.

hey guys,

I bought one lenovo tiny PC i5-9400T with brand warranty till dec 2023 via olx for the front desk.

I think i3 10100F is 5k cheaper than i3 10100. Since I won't be adding a separate GPU , integrated GPU is essential. Right ?

https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/3ff50a01-27d0-495a-acd0-898c77a98734

Also with the usage seems to be basic, which chipset you recommend? . bit confused on that. last i got updated only in the 6th gen. So forgot about the chipsets

Last edited:
hey guys,

I bought one lenovo tiny PC i5-9100T with brand warranty till dec 2023 via olx for the front desk.
I think i3 10100F is 5k cheaper than i3 10100. I dont think the integrated GPU will be used for the requirements.

https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/3ff50a01-27d0-495a-acd0-898c77a98734

Also with the usage seems to be basic, which chipset you recommend? . bit confused on that. last i got updated only in the 6th gen.
Considering they will only be used in an office setting, it is better to be on the safe side and go for i3 10100, as there is not much variety when it comes to GPUs under 5k, another thing to consider is going with igpu will also be power-efficient (although not by much) as it will have a much lower power draw than having a dedicated GPU with an i3 10100f.

Back