Budget 0-20k 30 computers for small business.

tranceinside

Disciple
Hi everyone,
I would like to get configuration or recommendations for desktops that can be mounted under the table. I am starting a career counseling institute and need portable computers considering the strict budget and safety of the devices.
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, will upgrade the within a year or two
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Hyderabad
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Online Classes
    • Learning Tools
    • Basic programming tools
    • Office works
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • none in particular
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• NA
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - should be suitable for students...
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
  14. Secondly, I would like to use wifi adapters instead of lan cables.

20k for each computer I suppose?
Any particular reason for using wifi? Cabled configuration is much more suited for e-learning systems where use of multimedia content is very high. Plus you have added benefit of not having to upgrade them if in future you add more computers.

Are you open to buying laptops? There are Lenovo laptops for around 22k available on flipkart. You could approach a Lenovo dealer and get good discount since you would be taking 20 units. The laptops don't have OS installed on them though.

20k for each computer I suppose?
Any particular reason for using wifi? Cabled configuration is much more suited for e-learning systems where use of multimedia content is very high. Plus you have added benefit of not having to upgrade them if in future you add more computers.

Are you open to buying laptops? There are Lenovo laptops for around 22k available on flipkart. You could approach a Lenovo dealer and get good discount since you would be taking 20 units. The laptops don't have OS installed on them though.

Yes Sir! 20K for each. I am planning to use 50Mbps Beam Fibre line connected to a Wifi router. The problem is lining for LAN was not done in the office space that i have rented. It would be a huge investment to break the flooring and get it done. Secondly, I want the classes to look clean and minimalistic.Buying laptops would increase the risk of theft. Please check this thinclient- http://tech2.in.com/reviews/pc/lenovo-thinkcentre-m72e-review/468542

Lenovo is also offering locks for this thinclient and it can be mounted safely. I will appreciate your recommendations on thinclient or portable desktops.

Those PCs are definitely vfm, considering they come with core i5 processor.
Only con is, it does not come with a monitor. A 20" monitor would cost around 8-9k extra over this PC. Even if Lenovo gave you the PC for 15k your cp increased to 25k just like that, since there is no monitor. Buying a monitor from Lenovo would be even more costlier.
If you don't mind increasing budget to 25k you can buy these PCs.

Back