CPU/Mobo 3000+ overheating

pdogg

Disciple
Dec 2, 2005
Hi guys,

I recently bought a venice 3000+ system. :)
But the thing is that it doesnt run any cooler than a Intel 3.0Ghz system. :(

My cabinet temp is always around 33C(idle)-36C(load) which is quite okay...

But the CPU area temp shows around 46(idle) and 52(load) which is quite surprising for AMD...I am using Antec 80mm fan @ rear and another 80mm @ front..Also i've not overclocked my PC at all...and its running on the onboard RS480 graphics..

Tried enabling Cool n Quiet from the BIOS as well as Win XP (Min pwr management) ...

Can anyone help me with this? :huh:

thanx in advance!

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Remove the heatsink and clean the CPU surface and the heatsink surface properly with some alcohol.

Then use AS5 and reseat the Heatsink proeprly. I have a feeling that your heatsink is not making proper contact with the CPU.

apollyon

ex-Mod
Feb 27, 2005
if its a msi rs480 mobo then its a bios bug....false temps r reported...touch the hsf n see, will be cold

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
Sep 24, 2005
@pdogg-
Had posted earlier with similar prob!!
Two of my friends using 0520 Venices and RS480!!
Their Bios shows 55 degC idle!!:mad: :mad:
Tried AS5 twice but no change in temps!!:rofl: :rofl:
Then posted on TE!!
system running stable till date- touchwood!!

BTW- Wet finger test, just to be cautious!!;) :rofl:

pdogg

Disciple
Dec 2, 2005
Thanks for the replies guys.

And yes, it is rs480 motherboard. Even i have a doubt that its misreported temperatures. Because, keeping my hand near the processor doesnt feel even a bit warm. But even speed fan reports the same temperature! :S

Also, nihkil, i'll try cleaning the heatsink and applyin AS5. Just to be safe. But incase it is misreported temperatures, how do i find out the real temp?

Thanks once again!