3070 with Ryzen 5 3600?

vikrant699

Recruit
I recently upgraded to a 3070 from 2060 Super, running it with Ryzen 5 3600. The games I mainly play are CSGO, Battlefield 2042 and sometimes AAA titles. I did not see any significant bump in CSGO FPS but that is expected seeing it mostly relies on CPU.
The problem I have is that I game at 1080p 144 Hz, and I've been thinking if my 3600 is bottlenecking my 3070.
If that is the case, should I upgrade to a 1440p monitor or upgrade my CPU to something from 5xxx series? Looking for the most value for money option. Sure 1440p will be hard for 3070 in the future but I am more inclined towards it because of better image quality and I am fine running games at medium-high in the coming future, I anyway mostly just play CS and Battlefield and nothing too demanding (most of my AAA titles are also which are like 4 years old, I am a patient gamer).

I've been avoiding upgrading the processor and thinking to instead get a 1440p 144Hz monitor to avoid some of the bottleneck, since the monitor can last me far longer and won't need an upgrade at all for me. I'm also assuming selling my current monitors will be easier than selling my 3600 and finding a used 5600. Thoughts?

I've been avoiding upgrading the processor and thinking to instead get a 1440p 144Hz monitor to avoid some of the bottleneck, since the monitor can last me far longer and won't need an upgrade at all for me. I'm also assuming selling my current monitors will be easier than selling my 3600 and finding a used 5600. Thoughts?
You could try to sell your 3600 and buy a 5600x too

Back