32 gig pen drive issues

Ya buddy, my friend also got this 32GB pendrive and when he copies anything, it creates multiple folders like xxxx and it's all crap.
He was so happy he got it for 700 bucks from a salesman...:no:
These are all fakes...

The problem is most likely due to a virus. Even I had this kinda virus before in my pen drive where it created a lot of folders and made some files corruptible. You will have to format your pen drive from the boot menu of your OS to rectify this problem. Its also possible that you have purchased a fake Pendrive. May I know the brand of your pen drive and how much did you pay for it ?

Bluffmaster said:
The problem is most likely due to a virus. Even I had this kinda virus before in my pen drive where it created a lot of folders and made some files corruptible. You will have to format your pen drive from the boot menu of your OS to rectify this problem. Its also possible that you have purchased a fake Pendrive. May I know the brand of your pen drive and how much did you pay for it ?

Nothin like that. Most 32Gbs on the market are fake Kingston ones :p

Went to Accel today, there was a guy with one of those who came to complain. They were like its fake. He got it 1 month ago for 2400 :rofl: Apparently these are pretty common nowadays and they get more than 5 ppl with those daily :p

techie_007 said:

Went to Accel today, there was a guy with one of those who came to complain. They were like its fake. He got it 1 month ago for 2400 :rofl: Apparently these are pretty common nowadays and they get more than 5 ppl with those daily :p

How do they respond to these guys 'bout the fake drives?

broar94 said:
How do they respond to these guys 'bout the fake drives?

They politely tell them they cant accept it since its not an original kingston drive. Seems most ppl refuse to believe it (obviously, esp if its a simple guy who has no idea of tech n paid a lot for it :p) Then the lady just asked him to call up the Kingston 1800 helpline. He talked to them for a while, then the 1800 ppl talked to the lady who told them there was no valid serial number etc and that it was a clear fake. Told him to check if he still had the bill his bill and goto the guy he bought it from.

Forgot to ask her how to spot a fake though :ashamed: Will try to do it when I go to pick up my RMAed drive :)

techie_007 said:

Holy crap 2400? :O :O :O :O :rofl:

500 a piece and they are on a rampage... seesh! :mad:

i was in delhi last week ...Palika bazaar is full of these fakes... (and the packaging itself is so bad you don't even havbe to loook at the product to realize it's fake)

Back