32" LCD in Rs 15000 - 22000 Range ?

Recently got Toshiba 32HV10 for 16300/- . Pretty good display at 720p via PS3 HDMI out.
Downsides are poor audio quality & very slow menu processing.

Recenlty got 32" Reconnect lcd for 18k. Display is good for the cable tv. As Oyster pointed out, changing channels is bit of a pain. There is nearly a 2 second delay while changing channels. Have yet to check the usb play.

Recenlty got 32" Reconnect lcd for 18k. Display is good for the cable tv. As Oyster pointed out, changing channels is bit of a pain. There is nearly a 2 second delay while changing channels. Have yet to check the usb play.

2 Sec. is too much, just like dishtv dth box, That's why I don't like these dth boxes and lcds.

Though I'm also in market for some cheapo lcd for my old retired dad. He just love melodramatic tv shows. :)

My advice would be go to a big tv showroom (take a pendrive ripped with avi hd and xvid decoded movies) , Watch TVs side by side
1. Test for video play via pendeive.
2. Analyze viewing angels
3. Check how fast / slow channel change time etc.
4. Note down the prices and model numbers which you find suits your feature list.
5. Compare them online vis a vis retail store and then buy.

Enjoy :)

Added inputs for buying TV's or for any other electronic gadget.

When you finally reach to a conclusion which of the items you want to buy, Then before finalizing, Do check these points.

1. Chassis creaking sound, As it'll help you to access built quality.
2. Size of bezel and shininess is a Big NO for TV's, It distract and limit the viewing pleasure.
3. Very Important: The power consumption of the device.
Example: Two same size of TVs with same resolution same features, same audio rms / pmpo etc can be having a very different power consumption analogy.

For 32" LCD TV normally it hover between 40 Watt (OPERATIONAL) .1 Watt (STANDBY) to 180 Watt (OPERATIONAL) to 2 Watt (STANDBY)
Now the key is choosing a TV which consume minimum power in OPERATIONAL MODE..

Why:
1. Because it saves your electricity.
2. Too much power consumption in OPERATIONAL MODE means it uses a) outdated components b) will generate more heat c) point a+b = faster component burnout cycle, which means your TV will die faster compare to the same feature TV which consumes less power.

Have dropped Toshiba from list,

Checking out Samsung models. D340 sounds good deal around 22k, with Dolby & Digital sound.

Bumping my old thread.

Final back out from Samsung LED 32EH4500 due to cost & really dont need Skype etc on TV as of now.
Samsung site says it support WiFI but you need to purchase Dongle extra, Other dongles dont work, Only Samsung for 2500 Rs..

Confused on these two models.

Samsung LED 32EH4000
BRAND NEW SAMSUNG 32" UA32EH4000 LED TV 32EH4000 WITH 1 YEAR DEALERS WARRANTY | eBay

Sony LCD Bravia 32BX350
SONY BRAVIA 32" KLV-32BX350 LCD TV +DEALERS WARRANTY | eBay

Both can play HD movies from USB. Major diff is Sony is LCD & Samsung is LED.

Anyone owns any of these model ? Can anyone look at the specs & suggest please.

Some time back i went to reliance digital just to check out new stuff. On display were Panasonic 42" U series plasma(HD Ready) , Sony BX450, LG LCD, Samsung LED & a Samsung LCD in the row below. All were running The Incredibles Full HD. One could easily notice the inaccurate whites on that LED from Samsung. The whites were somewhat bluish. The Sony LCD was really good with colors but little noisy edges. Then was the Samsung LCD -> LG LCD -> Panasonic plasma (Being HD ready it had little rough images). But the Panasonic was for only 33k. For that money its super duper good. You get a 42" screen for that price.

Thank you.

Mostly going with Samsung LED 32EH4000, Its new series & LED. USB plays everything.

Still have second thought of 32BX350, Its LCD but still its SONY.

Unable to decide. Any help from anyone ?

Samsung LED 32EH4000 - 23000

Sony LCD 32BX350 - 25000

Strange that LED is cheaper then LCD,

Any thoughts which is better if you see the features ?

Added inputs for buying TV's or for any other electronic gadget.

When you finally reach to a conclusion which of the items you want to buy, Then before finalizing, Do check these points.

1. Chassis creaking sound, As it'll help you to access built quality.
2. Size of bezel and shininess is a Big NO for TV's, It distract and limit the viewing pleasure.
3. Very Important: The power consumption of the device.
Example: Two same size of TVs with same resolution same features, same audio rms / pmpo etc can be having a very different power consumption analogy.

For 32" LCD TV normally it hover between 40 Watt (OPERATIONAL) .1 Watt (STANDBY) to 180 Watt (OPERATIONAL) to 2 Watt (STANDBY)
Now the key is choosing a TV which consume minimum power in OPERATIONAL MODE..

Why:
1. Because it saves your electricity.
2. Too much power consumption in OPERATIONAL MODE means it uses a) outdated components b) will generate more heat c) point a+b = faster component burnout cycle, which means your TV will die faster compare to the same feature TV which consumes less power.

I am not able to understand how to check chassis sound, what is bezel and how to know what is the operational watt used in the TV?

Anyone out there to help ?

Get the samsung 32EH series, its LED and you get better media player too with mkv playback and NTFS compatibity and sony bx series was never known to be an awesome tv, so better get the samsung.

@RS4
Thanks bro.. Hunting for good deal.
Confused to get from ebay dealers (Smuggled but cheap with 1 year dealer warranty) or sites like flipkart with 1 year Samasung Warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Final update,

Grabbed Samsung LED 32EH4000 for 28000 (with 2000 cash back) - Final price 26000 Rs with 1 year Samsung India Warranty
I dropped idea of taking from ebay though price was 23000, Its too tough to get dealer warranty unless you know the guy & person is in same city.
Worth paying 3k extra with Samsung India warranty.

Freebies - 51 DVD Pack + Wall stand

LED is awesome with great sound. Plays even Avatar 1080 mkv file from USB.

My tip - There are two models, Be very careful before you take it.
32EH4000 - This is 20w with best sound, 2 HDMI
32EH4000R - This is 10w & very bad poor sound, 1 HDMI,

let me know if anyone is looking for more information on this model. Thank you everyone who posted on this thread.

I bought a croma 32 incher led. Bought on next day of diwali. checked whether it can play mkvs with DTS which some other tv could not play.

For 25k got the TV + Philips 3608 player + DSP30U speakers + Croma digital photo frame + 2 yrs extended warranty. Got 2k back for an old 21 incher CRT which we had around for ages.

The TV is okish, slight bleeding is visible.

Back