Monitors 32" lcd tv as pc monitor

Thanks for the inputs guys. Got the Panasonic LX80C 32" for effective price of 27k, happy with its tv output through the local cable, so no upgrade to tata immediately. When i started pc using VGA input, after media center launch it was all black screen. Had to struggling for sometime with keyboard 'windows' managed to re enter settings and it corrected the display issue. All fine now and i am at 6feet away from lcd. its fine at 2feet also but not practical.

SharekhaN said:
It works well for me. I use a 32 inch sony bravia with a 8800gt running on my PC.
I have no issues so far, and looking at this, many people have switched to a similar setup.
Gaming, browsing all is good. No problems.

I am also trying to fix same setup for my room as an entertainment centre, which will also work as surfing machine for me. Can you please recommend me ideal pc config which will suit S550 32".

Also working on PCIP mode in which PC input shrinks down, can I sit close to the screen and work?

There are some issues i am facing with vga input.

1.there is no bios screen display, i hope there will not be any issue with reloading operation system with this lcd. what can be done for bios display?

2. any resolution other than native is not displayed. learnt the hard way. had to borrow neighbour's monitor to restore it back.

i will not recommend 32 '' 720p for full time pc use. good for entertainment center and limited use for office work. will post hdmi experience soon.

Got my htpc running through hdmi as well today and its not good. as many of us have posted the display is more like painted and text is not clear.

i believe anyone buying lcd tv for pc use also must check the specification to see resolutions supported in vga and go forward.

I find 720p models are having 1366x768 only. my graphics manages 1360x768 good enough for vga use, but

1125 (1080)/60i

1125 (1080)/50i

750 (720)/60p

750 (720)/50p

625 (576)/50p

625 (576)/50i

525 (480)/60p

525 (480)/60i through hdmi are all not worth it.

someone using full HD please let me know how is pc performance through hdmi

After having seen this thread be4, I tried PC - LCD & Laptop - LCD, and I am able to go to any resolution 1024x768 to full hd 1920x1080 without prob. perhaps because the tv has a setting - stretch the input or box it in the center... anyone can shed more light on this?

Other than 1024x768 and 1360x768 any other selection gives a blank display, so cant stretch it. My friend with LG 32'' is getting blank display in any setting, he is planning a graphics card to try his luck.

I feel it is safe to conclude that anyone wanting to use lcd tv for regular pc use also must buy ones with full hd input.

well, i am using a 32" LG full hd tv as comp monitor as well...only usable resolutions for comp usage on the tv are 1280x720 or 1920x1080 using vga cable..even at 1280x720 no probs using it from 2 ft distance...of course the text looks a bit thicker.

Back