Video 32' led selection

vicente

Disciple
I think i have zoomed in on samsung or lg as brands by just reading on the internet. I had quite a few questions though:p

Criteria for selection
full hd led, great picture quality
ability to play all formats from USB
ability to output from TV to my pioneer receiver(which has dolby digital and DTS, coaxial connector). I am not sure if tv digital output can be fed to the coax receiver input.
high refresh rate - I'd seen some video encoded with high fps and looked great on a panasonic 120/200 something hz, while the regular 50z was not great. Also think for pc connectivity higher refresh rate would be better.

Some models that I contemplated(price after exchange)
Samsung 32EH5000 - 32 - 33k - does not output digital audio, not sure abt refresh rate - may do 120hz
Samsung 32EH5330 - 37.5k - also has smart functionality(this is a less concern for me since I am considering connecting a htpc to the tv), not sure abt refresh rate - may do 120hz
LG 32LS4600 - 35k - not sure abt refresh rate
LG 32LW4500 - 44k - has 3d. high refresh rate. pic looks amazing.

So, whats the best deal? I am enticed with the LW4500, because i think the kids may enjoy watching a 3d movie once in a while. But is the price tag justified or am i not thinking right?
Also the IPS vs VA panel, does it really matter? IPS is theoretically superior, but recommendations on tech forums always seem to point to samsung.

Would love to hear some suggestions.

Where are you located? A friend of mine bought the set linked above for 31.5k without any exchanges from Sony Mony, Mumbai. Should come to 30k with an exchange?

Where are you located? A friend of mine bought the set linked above for 31.5k without any exchanges from Sony Mony, Mumbai. Should come to 30k with an exchange?

the best price i got is 33000 at inorbit mall pune.

i couldnt carry it to bangalore hence i bought it at bangalore for 34500.

ability to play all formats from USB

The Samsung displays does it better than LG. The LG displays do not play some of the formats which work perfectly fine on the Samsung ones. Tested and tried.

None of them plays .m2ts files.

vicente said:
ability to output from TV to my pioneer receiver(which has dolby digital and DTS, coaxial connector). I am not sure if tv digital output can be fed to the coax receiver input.

The Samsung displays have a toslink out port which can send the DTS/Dolby D signals to your receiver. When playing a media file on the TV, we just need to enable the format manually using the tools option and your receiver would switch to the appropriate mode.

I believe your Pioneer receiver would have a toslink input.

Hope this helps!

Where are you located?
Pune. You are right. I should have it for less. Thats the only model I did not bargain for with Reliance

I believe your Pioneer receiver would have a toslink input.
Its not toslink... its pretty old. Its coax; so that would be RCA connector. What are my options ? Can i have toslink one end and coax the other?

Its not toslink... its pretty old. Its coax; so that would be RCA connector. What are my options ? Can i have toslink one end and coax the other?

Well technically, you can. With the use of an additional powered converter that converts coaxial to toslink.

Link

Btw, this is the image of the toslink port. I am sure you'd know what it is, but just in case.

_TOSLINK.JPG

:) thanks

Just wondering, is it safe to order TVs from Infibeam? Does word-of-mouth say go for it the way people do with Flipkart around here?

I'd rather suggest you to get it from a local retailer, just to avoid any issues that may come up later. Dead pixels, sub pixels, DOA (very rare though), cracked screen due to damage in transit etc are pretty common and it maybe a hassle to get it replaced. Not to mention the mental trauma!

Is it any cheaper in Infibeam?

Regarding 32EH5000, I liked it a lot when I saw it today.

One caveat thought, when 1080p content was played from an USB, the images were staggered. I am not sure how to explain it, but there were frame drops if that helps you understand what I am saying. The motion was not smooth. The picture quality was great though.

However, I am not sure whether to blame this on USB drive transfer rates etc or the TV itself!

Back