32" suggestions for 50k

Hi,

Need to buy 32" TV given a strict budget of 50k.

Features (other than good black levels and picture quality... warranty, service blah.. etc)

Full HD / 3d capable

wi-fi capable/DLNA etc.. smart TV features.

More than 1 USB port (in case wi-fi has to be used with dongle)

Right now have come across these models:

- LG 32 lw5700

http://www.lg.com/in...tv-32LW5700.jsp

it does not say IPS in the feature list.. curious...

- Sony 32 ex 720 (just google)

- Samsung 6 series http://www.samsung.c...tail&returnurl=

Need to read more about Panny etc..

Does a Plasma come with smart and 3d features?

Suggest Away...

I may not be in a position to help. However I came across this old article which can give an idea about where 3D technologies evolved from in both types of panels. Looks like Plasma had an upper hand at the start.

And I never saw any kind of appeal in SMART TVs... may be, its just me!

3D is a waste in 32" and still isn't a mature technology.

I suggest you settle for a basic lcd such as samsung D580 or D5800 (smart tv).Or if you don't mind the warranty get a sony CX520 for around 28k or the EX520 for around 35k.

For a 32" - drop the idea of 3D - it's a waste of money. Plus the content available is limitted; technology available in India is lousy - only active glasses (need charging) & very expensive.

Note: the more gimmicky feature's that you seek are all a waste of EXTRA money [wi-fi; smart-tv; internet widgets; etc]. If you are interested in HD TV viewing then at some point it's better to invest in a media player where-in all the above features are available.

I would recommend LG LED TV 42" - you will get it within your budget from an LG-Shoppe - after bargaining well ......... Remember only fools pay the M.R.P
<

For a 32" - drop the idea of 3D - it's a waste of money. Plus the content available is limitted; technology available in India is lousy - only active glasses (need charging) & very expensive.

Note: the more gimmicky feature's that you seek are all a waste of EXTRA money [wi-fi; smart-tv; internet widgets; etc]. If you are interested in HD TV viewing then at some point it's better to invest in a media player where-in all the above features are available.

I would recommend LG LED TV 42" - you will get it within your budget from an LG-Shoppe - after bargaining well ......... Remember only fools pay the M.R.P
<

I knew I was going about it the wrong way. Thanks for showing the way, so to speak
<
Ok, So 3d is a no-no then?

So, given this 50 grand and the kind of things (streaming/etc) I want to do with the TV (given i have a 5ghz capable router) How should I spend it? (i know OT comments are tempting here.. but stick to TV related please
<

42" sans 3D/Internet capabilities but good picture quality?

42" with Internet but without 3D?

32" with media player (which one, then) I have no idea about such things. And not much time to read in depth.

I'm all ears/eyes...

TV is a one time purchase, go for the best one which your budget allows. 42" would be better, so you dont have to upgrade for a long time. Go in the following order: 1) best Picture quality 2) internet/wifi capabilities 3) 3D cabability

Media players cost between 3k-7k (Asus oPlay, WDTV etc), which you can buy sometime later after saving somemoney. Anyways, most of the TV's (esp Sammy) allow you to play most content (avi, MP4, MKV etc) from USB, so you wont miss a media player too much
<

Go with the Samsung 40" LED TV, it might cost a little over your budget but it'll save you from buying Media player... I have 6 series TV and it can play mkv effortlessly from USB ...

Also try to buy it from local electronics dealer, in my case TV's MRP was 1.25L , Croma/Vijay Sales were giving it for 1.1L and I got it for 85k from Local Dealer
<

Back