32GB Kingston: Crooked!!!!

akiso

Disciple
How many of U had been crooked by this 32GB pendrive? :rofl:

Men I dont know but who built it, very **** intelligently put up. :mad:

If u see it in the properties it will show 32GB.:mad:
On the spot trial nobody tries to copy a big file to test it.
Even after u copy some file it will be working because the actual size is near about 512MB-1GB. So till that limit no problem, but if u put a bigger file,
OOPS!!!
as soon as you unplug and plug it back into someother pc, there is only few MBs of the file felt in the drive.A disk dump of '0' also did not help, it always showed 32GB when queried through fdisk. Also there are lots of other problem that u can face.

It sold like hot cake near my office for 500buck, what more some of them thought that it that this guies might have flicked a carton from the custom and dont know the value and are selling it in a hurry. Some of them were too clever they checked it and it showed 32GB and also copied the file, then what there was rush. Some even made a bargain :rofl: for 400 bucks. they sold about 200 to 250 pieces. All them are crooked.

My intention is clear after reading this plz guies stay away from it. this are things u should check.:huh:

Every kingston pen drive have serial no in the top of the tip.(this was missing in the fake 32GB pen drives)
Always buy thing from genuine dealers or vendor.
Last and the most important thing is inform everybody.

:)

happened to some of my friends too. Most of the people here on TE know about it, its a common thing. any pen drive above 16GB and I get suspicious..especially if it's for a price liek 500

We got serial number units, and the authorised service center is in the next building itself. The units were obvi fake @ 700 each for 2 Gb, but even the service center guy was at a loss why it did not work.

If you are wondering, this was in 2007 Dec. So a very long running chinamen scam indeed.

Few days back my friend showed me a Pen drive.

Guess Wat..

Size of the Pen drive was 720 gb :p

Worked for couple of days and than it stopped working.hahaha

Brand-Kingston-Obviously :p

But one day we MAY actually see pendrives of humongous sizes (real i mean...not fakes) :)

Then we all will talk

Mere paas sirf 1TB ka hai..tere paas kaunsa pendrive hai...mere paas sirf 750GB ka transcend ka hai... :)

Back