Budget 41-50k 34" Ultrawide monitor for productivity

codelad

Disciple
Looking to upgrade to a 34" ultra-wide (21:9) screen for primarily text-based work (coding, reading documentation, web browsing) and occasional media consumption. No gaming. Budget around 40~50K. Requirements/preferences below:

1. Resolution: 3440x1440. Presently using a 27" 2K 16:9 screen and would very much prefer to retain the same 1440p vertical resolution.

2. IPS panel. Work a lot on white/grey text on dark backgrounds and lots of scrolling. Would like to avoid smearing supposedly seen on VA panels. Have not used VA panels in a long time so the concern is based on opinions online.

3. 100~120Hz refresh rates. Do not game at all and don't need super-high refresh rates. Still, would prefer something higher than the regular 60Hz.

4. Curved panel, for ergonomic reasons.

5. Decent build, stand with vertical adjustment (at the least), standard VESA mount capability.

6. Optional, but nice to have: USB-C with PD, decent colour coverage.

7. Don't care about: RGB, aesthetics, HDR, speakers.

8. Avoid models with BGR subpixel arrangement, said to be bad for text rendering.

Would be willing to wait a couple of months for decent upcoming models or anticipating better prices.

Would greatly appreciate thoughts, suggestions and pointers. Also open to suggestions on 32" 4K screens from folks who use that setup from a productivity standpoint.

Thank you.

While I have a 34 inch Lenovo monitor provided to me for work by the company at home, I have used a 24" inch 1080p Quantum dot curved Samsung monitor (144Hz) for the last two years now, primarily for gaming. The color reproduction is not that great if it works great for both gaming and text rendering.
I did a quick search on this for a larger size and this could be a good option for you. Its out of your budget but waiting for a sale and clubbing with bank offers should get it to your range:

Back