Graphic Cards 3D MARK 06 score reduction almost by 2000 points!!!

Goes to show what that an idiot in a lamborghini isn't much better (worse actually) than a normal guy in an M3..:bleh:
My asus 7900GTX got nearly 7K, while slower than X1900XT's in similar fast rigs here on TE (funky, Chaos etc) it pwned your kaput a## :tongue:
@ SM 3 does make a difference dude, cause this ain't like a game where 10% of the shaders are SM 3 and the remaining are SM2 or earlier.. The full scene will be rendered using SM3 and very few cards can handle SM3 instructions completely... What we see in games is 20~25% SM 3 in use tops!

We know Xbit labs suck, but are you comparing yourself to them?? They don't actually 'suck' as literally as you do...:p

Nah, CPU really does not affect GPU scores in 3dmark06 much at all.

I am telling ya, something is screwed up in your system.

I say do clean format of C:. install windows xp, run autopatcher XP latest edition, Install Nvidia chipset drivers (Choose custom install and only install network drivers, sound drivers is you are using onboard audio and SMbus drivers ). Install cat 6.5/6.6 and then run 3dmark again. And yes do it in this order.

There is some error in your system. Mostly user related software issue.

You really should have studied all this before buying ultra high end card like X1900XT. You should know besic trouble shooting if you consider yourself ready for assembled system like that :p

SM2 and SM3 results should be same irrepective of CPU and RAM,

No ... this is absolutely wrong .. do u expect a X1900XTX to perform the same with a 3000+ and a X2 4800+ ... remember the CPU is the boss of all data tranfer .. oc ur CPU and u should get a immediate boost in score ... now .. why does that happen ??

^^Surprisingly, the GPU tests are all absolutely shader limited in 06. There's no effect of the CPU on those... you can run the CPU at 1GHz and you won't notice a difference. The CPU tests themselves are a different matter though.

cpu speed makes no diff in 3dmark 06 gpu tests.

@ techboy - is your card running at 16x? maybe u want to check that.
also if u have done what funky said even without autopatcher it shouldnt make any diff. what version of nforce 4 drivers are u using. its mostly some software or windows related issue. also try the omega drivers n see. also put up a screenshot of processes running on your pc b4 u run 3dmark. u can press ctrl alt del & then in task manager go to processes.

1) A normal pc runs ok even with cat 6.5
2)I run 3d mark at default.
3) Nothing else was running with it.

@ chaos, you have more or less the same rig, please tell me your 3d mark score and your cpu score separeltey so that I can calculate what I should get.

even on celeron D at stock speed my card i am seeing no difference in FPU scores. CPU does not affect 3dmark06 GPU scores.

When was the last time you did clean install of windows? if its been some time do it again. there is some screwup for sure.

deathvirus_me said:
No ... this is absolutely wrong .. do u expect a X1900XTX to perform the same with a 3000+ and a X2 4800+ ... remember the CPU is the boss of all data tranfer .. oc ur CPU and u should get a immediate boost in score ... now .. why does that happen ??

Dude run 3dmark 06 yourself and see. I am talking after doing it myself. No offense but check facts before you post. :)

techboy said:
1) A normal pc runs ok even with cat 6.5
2)I run 3d mark at default.
3) Nothing else was running with it.

@ chaos, you have more or less the same rig, please tell me your 3d mark score and your cpu score separeltey so that I can calculate what I should get.
LOL I don't have 06 else would have done it. If you want framerates of anything else, i can help. My 3dmark 05 score at 2.7GHz is in the rig gallery.

I reinstalled windows 2-3 times with in 24-48hrs, you can't expect me to do mroe than this.

@ Choas, where is your score written, I couldn't find it.
also, I would appreciate if you could tell me the fps and gameplay preferably at stock cpu for the following games:
MW
FEAR
GRAW
Oblivion
Timeshift
Aoe3

ok now to stupid crosschecking just for sake of it.

while running 3dmark i hope u have set AA and AF to application control, Adaptive AA and catalist AI disabled and vsync to always off.

Anyway, 3D mark is nto the only problem.

MW demo
10X7 MAX no AA
around 49fps or so, clost to 50

12X10 MAX AA AF in game
around 46-47fps, a diff of sub 3 fps
Measured using fraps, which gave the avg fps, not telling manual observation

How can I get >45fps if my cpu isn't enough, in games which require cpu power, a lower cpu gives a lower fps and lower speed is obvious, but in this case I am getting high fps, >45fps yet there is stuttering. I don't think this can be because of the cpu, what is the cause other than the power supply?

After reading what you posted i dont know where to start. Seriously dont know what other obvious things you have screwed.

The only way i can help you is remote assistance, that too if you are interested.

for f*cks sake man, why do you bother so much about the 3dmark scores ? Does it make a difference if you get a few points lesser ?

Just enjoy your games, its all that matters.

Back