Graphic Cards 3D Mark Vantage Leaderboard!

^^ I still dont run my procy on 4ghz, sometimes maybe, but very honestly as long as you can do around ~3.4ghz with your quad your not bottlenecking your card. In my opinion ~4ghz is only required for benchmarks and nothing else. This is after using my extreme for the last 3-4 months.

Naga thanks a lot for posting in the right format! :hap2: (btw your missing the screenshot :p )

And Naga seriously I really dont think there is any reason to switch to i7 right now. Our current setups as you said can take anything untill atleast 2010. I just got my self a 26" will post some numbers with 280 SLI soon.

@everybody else, please stick to the way naga has posted, becomes much easier to add.

Thanks!

Lord Nemesis said:
LOL. Most E0 stepping Q9550's are doing 4G. Mine is an older stepping. :ashamed:

At one point of time I even regretted not taking a tempting offer I had on a QX9650 from a fellow member, but then I thought what the heck, even 3.8 G is a good enough clock considering I had to spend 12k more for the Q9650. :p

I think only the extreme series i7 are overclockable, the rest are locked, so even though these are better than the C2D @ stock, At 4G, a C2D will easily overtake the lower end i7

time for some reading nemesis, :bleh: .....all the i7 chips are overclockable....its the same as present, only extreme being multi unlocked and rest have multi locked.

thebanik said:
time for some reading nemesis, :bleh: .....all the i7 chips are overclockable....its the same as present, only extreme being multi unlocked and rest have multi locked.

Overclockable? Yes.

Overclockable 24x7 : Tricky

The amount of heat these i7 babies generate at close to 4G at full load is very high. Keeping these under 80C becomes hard even under 16°C A/C blowing right on top of them. So if someone has their E0 quads running at 4G or more at the moment, they can sit tight happily until the 32nm i7s are released.

^^Good news, that. The kind of beating nVidia has been getting from ATi, that is definitely good news for me :) on the CPU front at least.

thebanik said:

Didn't know that, I thought the i7's are Clock and Multi locked. :ashamed: Anyway Its a good thing for Intel and for us that they are not restricting over clocking. But I think I will still wait for the die shrink before taking a plunge for i7 and DDR3. There is nothing that my cute quaddy cant handle at the moment. :eek:hyeah:

SidhuPunjab said:
^ for that purpose Q6600 is still best best bang for buck (There is nothing that cute Q6600 cant handle at the moment). 3.5-3.6 is enough.

Yep for the value it gives, but I would say the Q9550 E0 is probably the best buy, it sits perfectly in between, and I'm sure its going to be the next Q6600, as i7 becomes mainstream.

Ok, result with slight GPU overclock: P6845

Now, apart from the Vantage score, I need to ask peeps something here. I am not being able to overclock memory at all (5mhz to be precise). GPU core is clocking sweetly. It's at 735Mhz and idle temps (42) and load temps (68) are almost same to what I get with default clocks. I am sure Core will go up even more... but without memory OC, I don't think it will bring any performance gains.

heat is not an issue. But still I can't overclock memory and be stable in Vantage. CoD4 was stable at 1050Mhz and so was Far Cry 2 before I exited the game. I think it's dud memory I have got on mu card :(

Anything I can do

Shripad - 14109 - i7 965XE@ 3925Mhz - Gigabyte GTX280@ 734/1248 - Air - FW 180.60

ORB link: ORB - Compare

330492f7e682b9d8.jpg

Shripad said:
Shripad - 14109 - i7 965XE@ 3925Mhz - Gigabyte GTX280@ 734/1248 - Air - FW 180.60

Nice score there. :D

Is the R700 Revolution still there with you?? If you could put up a score with that card, it'd be helpful. :)

PS: How long do you intend to keep the i7 965 proccy? :p

I could do 4.2G runs on air... offcourse Intel gave me TRUE 1366 which helped a lot.
I got one 11K score with Palit 4870 1GB Sonic. Will post details soon.

here is my new screenie :)

Amd x2 5200+ @ 3.0GHz | ATI HD 4870 @ 775/100 | 3GB RAM @ 750MHz | all on stock cooling :) | using os vista x86

All scores updated (at least I think- if there are any left pls let me know), my apologies for the delay, had some long weeks, but finally I have graduated, so no more studies, yeaa!

BackToExistence said:
hey thanks!.. and omg :O i am a notch above harshal ?? :O
Congrats man!!
But please guys, stop saying it like I am the best guy around, "Darky" and Appo bench hard as well. Just matter of time before they are on top of the scene.
Anyways, Forgot to update my score here with a run on 965EE.
Harshal - 11261- 965EE @ 4.73Ghz - GB EX58-UD5 - 1 x Palit 4870 @ 900/1050 - LN2 COOLED - NON-APPROVED DRIVERS [Cat 8.9 Beta]

No Vmods yet. Will be modding it as soon as I get my evga 260-216 back!

Back