PC Peripherals 3M anti-glare screen filter for 1850/-?

I contacted the 3M office in Delhi and was quoted a price of Rs 1850/- for their anti-glare, anti-radiation & anti-static screen filter (without the privacy feature) for a 17" CRT monitor. Is the price too high? Can I get a 3M screen filter for less than 1k in Delhi?

Well, I had bought a frontech one recently for Rs 125.AFASIK the price quoted by the 3M one is very high.The frontech one is pretty decent.It has anti-radiation,anti-static,anti-glare.
Regards

IMO those screens are of no use as all present day monitors have anti glare coatings and they all fall well within the standard radiation limits set by various governments.

If u are feeling some sort of eye strain,i suggest u

1.lower the monitor brightness
2.take a small rest (look away frm the monitor) evry 1-2 hrs
3.Never work on a monitor in complete darkness.atleast use a 0W bedlamp in the room.

hope that helps.

Or best still save up and buy an LCD. I used to get eye aches too but ever since I completely switched to LCD displays, its been amazing... no eye aches. All these anti glare filters are simply placebos :p.

yes....I wear contacts and long hours in front of the CRTs were a pain for me...But LCDs are very easy on the eyes...

yup lcds are good. what i suggest you is apart from all the directions given to you. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP BLINKING YOUR EYES.

3Ms are expensive! When I purchased 3M 230XL for my 19" Samsung CRT in 2002, I had to pay around 3800/- for it. And the glass for 15-17" was priced almost the same as it is today. Some things never change!

I can help you .I am 3M distributor .
The price of new one is this only but I have some pices who I use for demo when somebody comes to my office.
I can give you that for Rs. 1200.Its anti glare & anti radiation.
contcat me at 9811014571 or rishi@rifeindia.com

andysmith45 said:
I contacted the 3M office in Delhi and was quoted a price of Rs 1850/- for their anti-glare, anti-radiation & anti-static screen filter (without the privacy feature) for a 17" CRT monitor. Is the price too high? Can I get a 3M screen filter for less than 1k in Delhi?

rishiarora said:
I can help you .I am 3M distributor .
The price of new one is this only but I have some pices who I use for demo when somebody comes to my office.
I can give you that for Rs. 1200.Its anti glare & anti radiation.
contcat me at 9811014571 or rishi@rifeindia.com

Thx for the offer but I had already bought the 3M filter for 1850 plus tax in Jan.

For those looking for Anti-Glare screen protectors just a small advise. Stop staring those gorgeous girls on your desktops :bleh:

Back