42+ inch HDTV for Gaming

Bloodmeister

Disciple
1. Budget. 50 to 70k

2. Viewing distance. Can change it according to the TV.

3. Sources/inputs: HD DTH, PC.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV: Plasma preferred.

5. Preference for brands: Panasonic plasmas preferred.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Sometimes bright, but doesnt matter. Can reduce light with curtains.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.: Low input lag for Gaming.

Need Buying Advice: Planning on buying a 42 or higher inch TV for general TV viewing, movies, HTPC use and especially as a Gaming monitor. 3D gaming not important high fps (100~120fps) 2D gaming for online multiplayer is important, hence TVs with lower input lags are required.

Also the built-in apps, Smart TV interfaces etc are not important, as I would be using it as a HTPC primarily. So, Picture Quality, input lag is important and it can be either LED or Plasma, but I read everywhere that Plasma is better in picture quality

I was looking at S60 Panasonic Plasma as I read it has Excellent Picture quality and Low input lag but it doesnt have 3D, and ST60 series has higher input lags. Though the lack of 3D in itself doesnt bother me, I feel it would be nice to have it, but some are saying no one will use 3D regularly as it reduces picture quality and its a gimmick..So, how good is 3D gaming really? say for games like Witcher 2 and Skyrim, would it add to immersiveness or its better of without 3D ?

Budget is around 60k. Can extend budget if its highly recommended and worth it.

Last edited:
Back