42" LCD TV in around 40k

1. Budget.

40k-42k

2. Viewing distance.

9ft from chair and 16ft from bed. Both are used about the same.

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Tata Sky, DVD Player, Laptop connection.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LCD or LED (no LED if it has glossy reflective screen as my TV would be opposite a BIG window) (no plasma because i heard plasma is expensive and consumes too much energy)

5. Preference for brands.

Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sharp.... i guess basically anything reliable.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Large Window (almost the whole wall) exactly opposite the TV!! Sadly cant do much about it.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

It should be reliable like my Sony trinitron still working after 28 years (just one repair) and my Samsung working for 10 years. touch wood.

I have two quotes, please tell me if these two are good options:

40" Samsung 40D550 at Rs 42665

42" LG LK430 at Rs 41890

or is there some other model that would be better.

The two choices which you have selected are very good but if I was in your place and if my priority wasn't screen size then surely I would have gone for an LED instead of an LCD but the trouble is that LED's of 42 inch are way more than 40K. Out of the two models which you have listed the Samsung one is better.

No LAN Connectivity. I bought this TV in January 2012. I think there is a new model in place now. Sorry its LG 42 Inches Full HD LCD 42LK450

14jbv5t.jpg

Also please take note of the After Sales Service. LG is just mind blowing in this regards. My 42LW6500 developed a panel problem after 6 months of use.

Didn't even have to make a complaint as they occasionally call me after every 2 months to get my views and if there is any trouble that I am facing wrt the product.

I just informed them during 1 such call and they themselves filed a complaint. Next Day the engineer was at my home and I got a Brand New Replacement in 10 Days
<

I guess Samsung also has a great return and refund policy. They even pay the amount upfront to the customer. But someone else needs to confirm as I don't own a Samsung TV.

You can also look into Sony BRAVIA 40" EX-520 @ Rs.47K. Its a LED but the only problem being Dealer's Warranty.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BRAND-NEW-SONY-BRAVIA-KDL-40-EX520-40-LED-TV-BILL-AND-DEALERS-WARRANTY-/170813717696#ht_4709wt_1139

Also please take note of the After Sales Service. LG is just mind blowing in this regards. My 42LW6500 developed a panel problem after 6 months of use.

Didn't even have to make a complaint as they occasionally call me after every 2 months to get my views and if there is any trouble that I am facing wrt the product.

I just informed them during 1 such call and they themselves filed a complaint. Next Day the engineer was at my home and I got a Brand New Replacement in 10 Days
<

I guess Samsung also has a great return and refund policy. They even pay the amount upfront to the customer. But someone else needs to confirm as I don't own a Samsung TV.

You can also look into Sony BRAVIA 40" EX-520 @ Rs.47K. Its a LED but the only problem being Dealer's Warranty.

http://www.ebay.in/i...#ht_4709wt_1139

Well hearing about the after sales service which you are being offered really blows my mind because I own a 32EX420 which is the lower model for the EX520 and I never get any such calls but yes I can give one advice that please don't buy EX520 because apart from the full HD all its features are same as my tv and I would say Samsung is better.

#[member='sam9953'] Bro, I don't own a Sony, I own LG 42LW6500. Therefore can't comment on Sony's ASS.

But according to me, anyone buying a TV with a Decent Budget should opt for Full HD as majority of channels are gonna be in Full HD in a year or so
<

I have the LG LK430, its a good one.

Thanks

the samsung 40 " LCD prices have increased so an LG 42 LK430/450 is what is available in your budget.

Those prices are available to me till March31 on BigBazaar with exchange coupon (exchanged an old sofa set).

47400 - 10% = 42665 for the samsung 40D550 and 46545-10% = 41890 for the LG LK430

so those prices are not an isuue for the next 3 days. But i dont want to get a bad model just because im getting a discount on it. So posted this thread.

The indian LG website doesnt show a 40 inch model. Is it still in the market? BTW does your tv have LAN connectivity?

LAN connectivity? Why would a TV have LAN connectivity? can you browse the internet on it?

happy19.gif

http://www.ebay.in/i...#ht_4709wt_1139

WOW! Good ASS is really a deal maker. I got an LG split AC last year and they had a very responsive complaint centre, that is why im thinking of LG in the same league as Samsung (ive heard samsung is better technology wise). In fact im even thinking of getting an LG washing machine because i liked their curteous and prompt service with the AC (touch wood). Customer service is finally being looked into in our country, good ASS companies will surely reap the benefit of it.

also i had a look at the chart given here: http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html as stated in the pinned TV suggestion thread.

I am not sure but i think that chart suggests that there is no perceptual difference between FullHD1080p and standard 480p for a 40" screen viewed from a distnce over 10ft. Is this correct?

Thanks

Those prices are available to me till March31 on BigBazaar with exchange coupon (exchanged an old sofa set).

47400 - 10% = 42665 for the samsung 40D550 and 46545-10% = 41890 for the LG LK430

so those prices are not an isuue for the next 3 days. But i dont want to get a bad model just because im getting a discount on it. So posted this thread.

LAN connectivity? Why would a TV have LAN connectivity? can you browse the internet on it?

WOW! Good ASS is really a deal maker. I got an LG split AC last year and they had a very responsive complaint centre, that is why im thinking of LG in the same league as Samsung (ive heard samsung is better technology wise). In fact im even thinking of getting an LG washing machine because i liked their curteous and prompt service with the AC (touch wood). Customer service is finally being looked into in our country, good ASS companies will surely reap the benefit of it.

also i had a look at the chart given here: http://s3.carltonbal...tion_chart.html as stated in the pinned TV suggestion thread.

I am not sure but i think that chart suggests that there is no perceptual difference between FullHD1080p and standard 480p for a 40" screen viewed from a distnce over 10ft. Is this correct?

Well duh, havent you heard of samsung's smart TV or the latest LED tv's all of them have net connectivity. My tv has wifi and LAN capability both.

#[member='sam9953'] Bro, I don't own a Sony, I own LG 42LW6500. Therefore can't comment on Sony's ASS.

But according to me, anyone buying a TV with a Decent Budget should opt for Full HD as majority of channels are gonna be in Full HD in a year or so
happy19.gif

Well the only difference is in the pixels. Full HD is 1080 I believe and HD ready is 720, which is pretty good as well. BTW I was referring to my TV, that I own a Sony TV.

Over Samsung?
scared14.gif

Can't say about any other but I found 3D videos better in LG LED (IPS Panel) over Samsung's 3D TV. My eyes were so relaxed even after watching 3 hours of 3D content on LG. But on Samsung 3D LED, my eyes felt like very very tired. I didn't even watched 3D content it for 10 minutes. Don't know the reason for that, maybe the type of 3D Glasses they provide (kind of heavy or quick flickers). Samsung LED is definitely the best in terms of 2D experience but I found LG's quality near about same. I went ahead with LG as I was very much satisfied with it's features.

#[member='sam9953'] Pixels matter a lot Bro, you may not notice in 32" but in 40" plus TV's the difference is Day & Night
<

#[member='guptavis'] LAN connectivity will let you browse internet, play content via DLNA, Smart Apps etc.

i had got my samsung during diwali last year for 42.5k. so prices have increased alright.

pQfsN.jpg

U5N3i.jpg

Ed0mk.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0073tai.jpg
    IMG_0073tai.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 135
I am to looking for a "40" inch model. I see that Samsung 40D550 is recommended in the forums. Any other LCD which i should shortlist.

Sony look bland in picture compared to Samsung so I've ruled that out.

#[member='sam9953'] Pixels matter a lot Bro, you may not notice in 32" but in 40" plus TV's the difference is Day & Night
happy19.gif

#[member='guptavis'] LAN connectivity will let you browse internet, play content via DLNA, Smart Apps etc.

Well what you are saying might be true because as the screen gets large the pixels start to matter.

I am to looking for a "40" inch model. I see that Samsung 40D550 is recommended in the forums. Any other LCD which i should shortlist.

Well you are right that 40D550 is preferred here but about the picture. Sony shows the real picture whereas Samsung shows pictures with extra brightness thats why the seem little bright and vibrant

Well what you are saying might be true because as the screen gets large the pixels start to matter.

Well you are right that 40D550 is preferred here but about the picture. Sony shows the real picture whereas Samsung shows pictures with extra brightness thats why the seem little bright and vibrant

That's right but still I want the more brightness/saturated colors one. I am confused between 40D550 and 40D5500. What is the difference between the two.

I am not well versed with LED and LCD difference.

That's right but still I want the more brightness/saturated colors one. I am confused between 40D550 and 40D5500. What is the difference between the two.

I am not well versed with LED and LCD difference.

the 40D550 is a pure LCD whereas the 40D5500 is the edge-LED LCD backlight TV.

though i could not make out huge difference on HD playback , the playback menus were better for the 40D5500 in USB playback.

Back