42" Plasma V/s 42" LCD V/s 42" Led TV, Urgent help needed.

Guyz,

I think I may drop the idea of buying LCD TV as even Plasma is offering good price and good picture quality.

I had gone to Croma and 42" LG plasma was less than 42k.

LG 42" LED was 75000.

My purpose is Full HD 1080 Dishtv, Full HD movies, some times SD and HD720p

Please suggest me fast as my house is renovated and I can't stay without a TV.

Well those plasma in 30 to 45k range are HD ready basic ones,nothing special in them.

If you want a 40" sized tvs have a look at samsung C5xx and sony EX400 and samsung C6xx and sony EX500 both are about the same give or take ,the sony are cheaper if bought in the grey market.
all the above lcds have a higher contrast then the basic plasma tvs.

Grey Market Sony Bravia costs around 40K. Best deal. and comes with 1yr Dealer Warranty, because dealers know nothing goes wrong in 1 year.

if you are gaming on you tv ! then get an lcd , because a frame tends to get stuck on plasmas with time !

but for casual movies and tv viewing get plasma ! you may also get better contrast ratios with lesser money if you opt for plasma !

get an lcd . plasma consume a lot of power .. almost twice .. sony bravia is ur best choice for the long term followed by toshiba regza if u want value for money . toshiba regza 42 " lcd is 45k in mumbai at hypercity and vijay sales .

if you are gaming on you tv ! then get an lcd , because a frame tends to get stuck on plasmas with time !

What do you mean by image gets stuck??? Image retention or Motion Blur? I have a new plasma and there is no image retention at all compared to older plasmas. LCDS for gaming esp. Sony bravia's are good if you dont care too much about Input lag, PLasmas have close to no input lag.

Yes Plasmas do consume more electricity but for Movies and Gaming Plasma is the way to go. But keep in mind FullHD plasma's are a bit expensive.

I refrained for posing in this thread before as I feel the original poster is not too sure about what his watching priorities are...

If you want to watch primarily FullHD content ie. 1080p then get a FullHD LCD, which will be cheaper than a FullHD plasma.
If you want to watch primarily TataSky HD 720p or even SD channels then get a HDReady Plasma.
If you want to watch primarily 1080i then you can remain confused.:huh:

Hope this helps...

khanvis2009 said:
get an lcd . plasma consume a lot of power .. almost twice .. sony bravia is ur best choice for the long term followed by toshiba regza if u want value for money . toshiba regza 42 " lcd is 45k in mumbai at hypercity and vijay sales .
I recently bought a Toshiba Regza 42CV600E from Sony Mony for 44k with bill and warranty. At that price it was the cheapest brand available and am very happy with its performance. Am using it with the local cable connection (haven't upgraded to Tata Sky or anything) and the SD upscaling performance is very nice. Have also checked 1080p content via PC.
One drawback might be that the VGA port on the TV does not support full HD resolution, only the HDMI port does. My friend's LG supported full HD via VGA cable. They have only one Service Centre for entire Mumbai and it is located near Vikhroli somewhere.
Check out the international reviews for that model and also compare it in a store.
What is your budget shahbaaz_vision? since you are quoting the price of 75K for LG 42" LED TV, you might be able to get the recently launched full HD plasmas. I don't remember the brand but there was a discussion regarding those recently.

got the thread
http://www.techenclave.com/gadgets-and-consumer-electronics-buying-advice/panasonic-tx-p42g10-fullhd-plasma-2ms-164488.html

pr0ing said:
I recently bought a Toshiba Regza 42CV600E from Sony Mony for 44k with bill and warranty. At that price it was the cheapest brand available and am very happy with its performance. Am using it with the local cable connection (haven't upgraded to Tata Sky or anything) and the SD upscaling performance is very nice. Have also checked 1080p content via PC.

One drawback might be that the VGA port on the TV does not support full HD resolution, only the HDMI port does. My friend's LG supported full HD via VGA cable. They have only one Service Centre for entire Mumbai and it is located near Vikhroli somewhere.

Check out the international reviews for that model and also compare it in a store.

What is your budget shahbaaz_vision? since you are quoting the price of 75K for LG 42" LED TV, you might be able to get the recently launched full HD plasmas. I don't remember the brand but there was a discussion regarding those recently.

got the thread

http://www.techenclave.com/gadgets-and-consumer-electronics-buying-advice/panasonic-tx-p42g10-fullhd-plasma-2ms-164488.html
I am looking to buy a lcd too ...what lcd do u recommend after the toshiba regza as a value buy . the only thing that puts me off from buying a toshiba is the after sales service and location if its service centre in Mumbai. i am thinking of going for a bravia but the price diff is huge !

I had gone to VSp where Videocon 42" Full HD was for less than 43k.

I need to have a Full HD video for Full HD, HD movies, DishTV HD 1080i and Gaming as well.

Plasma TVs can suffer from burn-in produced by static images. After extended periods, stationary images "burn in" and produce an after-image ghost which remains permanently on the screen. With technologies such as 'pixel orbitor,' new plasma TVs have addressed burn-in and significantly reduced the issues of older models. Plasma displays are fairly heavy, and may need additional supports to be mounted onto a wall. Power consumption is more

LCD TVs do not suffer from burn-in, but can have a "retained pixel charge" which may also produce ghosting. Stuck pixels are also possible with an LCD display. LCD TVs weigh less than comparably sized plasma TVs. power consumption is less

get an 42" lg led .. its worth it if you are going to watch full hd movies frequently .. and if you are going to have full hd cable THEN ONLY OPT FOR LG LED 42" :)

regards shankey :)

The LED will give you the best quality processing of moving image as it uses individual pixel illumination rather than series of pixel illumination to emphasizes on each pixel's colour, contrast & illumination. Go to some superstore & check the displays to see the difference. Remember, you won't invest this big for a long time so decide wisely. a LED would a decision you won't regret.

Please stop selling bullshit here aercy. LED in no way helps the processing of moving image. It should be very apparent from the word "Processing" itself. There are algorithms for processing motion and reducing Judder. LED makes a difference to the overall contrast. On top of this it only makes a considerable effect if it completely LED backlit.

apextwin146 said:
Please stop selling bullshit here aercy. LED in no way helps the processing of moving image. It should be very apparent from the word "Processing" itself. There are algorithms for processing motion and reducing Judder. LED makes a difference to the overall contrast. On top of this it only makes a considerable effect if it completely LED backlit.
SonyLCDs.jpg

this how it works....look at the 1st one that illuminates in horizontal lines & the 2nd & 3rd does individual dot pixel by pixel illumination. That is how it works.

white-led-backlight.jpg

You don't tell me what I do around here.... it you who has the SHITTING profile pic, go finish pooping elsewhere, smart@ss

Amazing dude.
In the picture you have posted it clearly mentions that LED TV give " purer and more realistic colors." Which is what i said exactly in my post that it just gives a better contrast as there are more divisions in the visible color range.
I also stated in my post that only Full LED tVs make a considerable change in PQ too. Its time you realised that google dsnt make you smarter!! So you are bringing nothing new to table other than a picture. I think you are still stuck up in that age group where you need to identify with pictures to comprehend something .
Please mention where does it state that it gives "best quality processing of moving image "
aercy said:
The LED will give you the best quality processing of moving image as it uses individual pixel illumination rather than series of pixel illumination to emphasizes on each pixel's colour, contrast & illumination.

Please try to read my post again, this time a little slowly so that you can full comprehend it.
I can mop the floor with you but i rather not indulge in name calling. Picking on someones Profile Pic is automatic fail!! You have your own photo as your profile pic. Imagine me ridiculing it like
"Dude you are so ugle, when you look in the mirror, the reflection looks back shaking it's head." or like Dude you are so ugly, u make the blind kids cry :/

Hmmm... Today I am going to buy a 42" LCD or LED TV which looks fair enough for the price and Picture quality. The objective here is watch Movies and TV mostly and once in a Blue Moon Playing Games.

I'am too planning to buy Samsung 46" 3D LED TV from Dubai where I will get the same stuff for Half the price. Will try to negotiate with Samsung Guyz for International Warranty.

BTW... A lot of thanks for Helping me decide and rethink that "not to buy Plasma TV".

Back