Video 46" FullHD LCD TV?

Anish said:
Yeah I'm looking at Sony only, the W400A to be precise.

well the W400A is outdated now,the sony V550A series will be a better due to the much improved bravia 3 engine,while newer W550A will be even better ,the 46inch version will be above ur said budget.

adder said:
well the W400A is outdated now,the sony V550A series will be a better due to the much improved bravia 3 engine,while newer W550A will be even better ,the 46inch version will be above ur said budget.

Oh okay cool, the V550A is definitely within budget, the W550A is a bit too pricey.

Will keep that in mind adder, thanks a ton! :)

Edit : @ adder - How will the V550A compare with the Samsung Series 6 (Non LED) though?

Anish said:
Oh okay cool, the V550A is definitely within budget, the W550A is a bit too pricey.

Will keep that in mind adder, thanks a ton! :)

Edit : @ adder - How will the V550A compare with the Samsung Series 6 (Non LED) though?

well if its within ur budget then samsung series B650 with 100hz will be better in motion resolution compared to the V550A u can notice the difference of 100hz in fast chases in animal planet,to some extent in football basicly if the video content has realy fast moving images .if u want 100hz in sony(its 100hz is better then samsung) the sony W550A is the model to go for,but the price will be quite high for a 46inch.
but the drawback of samsung is its glossy screen,so u will notice glare ,unless the room is dark or as ligthing that doesn't cause glare ,also in general if the tv screen reflects light then there is no use of the extreme black levels the spva panels are capable,u will simply not notice those blacks if the tv reflects light.this were the sony models have the edge they have a NON-glossy screen,even the best of the lcd like the X series still have a NON-glossy screen.

hey wait for the samsung OLED tvs......... its has 5 millions :1 contrast ratio
and has a refresh rate of 240 mhz.......... it looks amazing.... never seen a better TV in life........ it also has 50% less power consumption than the LCD's which r available now......... dnt know the street price in india but in the samsung site they have mentioned it for 1600${ 40 inch}

Ironhide said:
hey wait for the samsung OLED tvs......... its has 5 millions :1 contrast ratio
and has a refresh rate of 240 mhz.......... it looks amazing.... never seen a better TV in life........ it also has 50% less power consumption than the LCD's which r available now......... dnt know the street price in india but in the samsung site they have mentioned it for 1600${ 40 inch}

well u are confusing LED LCD tvs with OLED tvs ,these two are completly different technology,samsung doesn't have a OLED tv yet in the market,even if it does have expect a 40inch size to cost well over $12000 and currently they still have issues like the life of the tv.
the one u saw in the samsung website is the series 8 LUXIA samsung edgelightLED lcd tv.this is just a normal lcd with a LED EDGElight(like a baclight but placed on the edges of the tv with clever diffuser)and this model hasn't yet been launched in india.

Philips & Panasonic use S-IPS which quite frankly looks crap once you see a H-IPS/S-PVA so better to buy Sony/Samsung

Whats happening to you !!!! If you want over saturated colors (warm as u say in Sony) then only one should for Sony.

blackbird said:
i would suggest the samsung 6 series , very good pic quality , wots the price quoted to u for the 46
Somewhere in the range of 90-100k, need to do a proper face to face negotiation though..

adder said:
well if its within ur budget then samsung series B650 with 100hz will be better in motion resolution compared to the V550A u can notice the difference of 100hz in fast chases in animal planet,to some extent in football basicly if the video content has realy fast moving images .if u want 100hz in sony(its 100hz is better then samsung) the sony W550A is the model to go for,but the price will be quite high for a 46inch.
but the drawback of samsung is its glossy screen,so u will notice glare ,unless the room is dark or as ligthing that doesn't cause glare ,also in general if the tv screen reflects light then there is no use of the extreme black levels the spva panels are capable,u will simply not notice those blacks if the tv reflects light.this were the sony models have the edge they have a NON-glossy screen,even the best of the lcd like the X series still have a NON-glossy screen.
Can't find the B650 anywhere, I think your talking about the A650, which in that case is again over budget.

This is the model I'm looking at.

Anish said:
Somewhere in the range of 90-100k, need to do a proper face to face negotiation though..
Can't find the B650 anywhere, I think your talking about the A650, which in that case is again over budget.

This is the model I'm looking at.

well the samsung tv staring with "A" A5xx,A6xx are old tvs which will be replaced by the new B5xx,B6xx they are already available in the grey market.
the OLD A6xx series have a the old samsung image processing and a old panel,samsung too has improved its image processing in the B5xx, B6xx series in response to sony bravia engine 3.
i wouldn't spend so much on tvs like A610,A650 which will be soon EOL product.
just wait this month for the new B5xx,B6xx series too hit the streets officialy.

also if some one happens to visit bangkok u can get tvs so cheap that u can actualy take a flight and come back with a tv and still be cheaper then india.
u can get a 40inch sony Z series for about 1lakh in bangkok compared to the indian price of 1.8lakh.u can get a samsung series 9 46inch with local dimming led for about a lakh .

adder said:
just wait this month for the new B5xx,B6xx series too hit the streets officialy.
Okay super will do that, I'm probably going to buy end of the month or early June.

Bangkok sounds tempting but wont work out right now cause we're all pretty tied up at home!

Hi anish
You wrote
Samsung is giving me super deals on their Series 5 and Series 6 for 88k and 95k respectively"
If you are still searching for your dream Tv then just go with latest Samsung LED which have been launched in India too. there are some quit good features in LED as compare to LCD, the main attracting feature is that it consumes 40% less energy and give better picture & videos
few models in 40" as UN40B6000, UN40B7000

surentechy said:
Hi anish

You wrote

Samsung is giving me super deals on their Series 5 and Series 6 for 88k and 95k respectively"

If you are still searching for your dream Tv then just go with latest Samsung LED which have been launched in India too. there are some quit good features in LED as compare to LCD, the main attracting feature is that it consumes 40% less energy and give better picture & videos

few models in 40" as UN40B6000, UN40B7000

Hi Suren, I did check out the LED but I wanted a 46" TV specifically and the least I could get the 46" LED was 1.45L which was wayy over budget (1L).

I picked up the 46 - 610A for 94k yesterday and its really good! Highly recommended for a VFM 46" Full HD display!

Thanks for all the help especially Adder/Udit! :)

^Hey anish, any reason why u opted for the samsung over the sony v550a? My uncle is planning on getting the sony...whats the best price u got quoted for the sony?

@Anish

Whats the viewing distance in the room where the TV has been placed ?

Also what would suggest if the viewing distance is between 10 feet and 20 feet ?

Fahrenheit said:
^Hey anish, any reason why u opted for the samsung over the sony v550a? My uncle is planning on getting the sony...whats the best price u got quoted for the sony?
Yeah cause the dealer who owed my money in exchanging my 50" Plasma didn't sell Sony.

The V550A is also an excellent TV, that was my first choice and the Samsung was the second.

raksrules said:
@Anish

Whats the viewing distance in the room where the TV has been placed ?
Also what would suggest if the viewing distance is between 10 feet and 20 feet ?
My viewing distance is approximately 15-17ft, so yes, a 46" will suit your purpose well :)

Back