Video 46" TV buying advice.

vb86

Adept
Hi.

We were looking to change a TV. We have always owned Sony TVs. This time around, we are looking at the following options:

Sony EX650: 64k
Sony HX750: 78k 3D

Samsung ES5600R - 59.5k
Samsung ES6220R - 69k 3D

The rates are from the grey market.

Are any of the TVs affected by panel lottery? If yes, what should we look at to ensure we get the right one?

Which of the 4 would you recommend. Our preference would be the best picture/sound quality and format support over USB. NTFS file system and MKV support would be a bonus. Is paying an extra 9k for the Sony 3D over the Samsung 3D justified?

Thanks.

Just to add, a Sony BDP-S380 will be permanently attached to it. So, if the bluray player does have MKV support, the USB support on the TV will not be THAT important. For 3D viewing, I can connect shift my PS3 form the other room when required.

Also, how do Sony and Samsung compare when it comes to 3D viewing?

The samsung are effect by the panel lottery,with the ES series 6 you might get a SPVA panel .
The Sony doesn't support MKV format and i also pretty sure that it doesn't support NTFS.

Of the tvs you have listed the HX750 is clearly better in 2D picture quality,i never bothered to check the 3d quality.But between the EX650 and ES6220 the samsung is better VFM.

Back